Collegiate Charter School of Lowell, MA
Collegiate Charter School of Lowell, MA is recruiting a Math/Science Teacher for the Academic Year 2021/2022.
SABIS® is a global education network that has an active presence in 20 countries on five continents. Schools in the SABIS® Network educate over 70,000 students and implement a proven, proprietary system. SABIS® Network schools provide students with a top-quality education that prepares them to meet the challenges of a changing world.
SABIS® and SABIS® Network schools employ over 8,000 employees worldwide.
For more information about the SABIS® Network, visit: www.sabis.net.
Enabling the success of students and helping in academic achievement to reach their potential through the implementation of the SABIS® curriculum and philosophy and through the consistent use of the SABIS® teaching methodology.
- Delivering quality math and science instruction for middle school students
- Preparing students to meet academic testing requirements (internal, state-mandated, and federally-mandated) and to achieve growth by implementing SABIS® curriculum and philosophy to the classes assigned to teach;
- Administering/proctoring of school-approved tests per the internal test schedule and scoring all daily work and exams
- Monitoring academic progress of entire class and individual students by analyzing student data and providing academic support where needed
- Working in cooperation with administrators, learning services specialists, counselors, and other teachers in support of students’ learning experience.
- Implementing strong classroom management in accordance with high behavior expectations set by the school.
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and administrators about student growth and development.
- Providing support for the day-to-day operation of the school, which may include supervising testing; substituting for absent colleagues; providing supervision during transition times, lunch, and dismissal; and other administrative duties that may be assigned
- Meeting with parents for twice-yearly conferences about academic progress
- Attending school functions in support of students and families
- Bachelor’s degree and classroom experience
- Expert content knowledge of math and science
- Certification as required by state
- English proficiency
- A passion for working with students in this age group
- Demonstrated record of outstanding teaching and commitment to education
- Commitment to professional growth and development
- A growth mindset and the ability to develop positive working relationships
- High emotional intelligence and sensitivity to organizational dynamics; exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to work in a public charter school as a team player who welcomes accountability and is willing to go above and beyond to help students fulfil their full potential
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.