We are Demonstrate: a strategic communications partner that believes brand actions build meaningful relationships— driving business growth. And those actions are earnedthrough bespoke strategies, outsized ideas and impactful storytelling.
We are curious, creative, collaborative strategic thinkers who deliver business results. We help our partners navigate the current cultural landscape and position their initiatives to relevant and niche markets. Our practice areas include CPG, food & beverage, fashion and beauty, health, wellness, fitness, digital experiences, consumer technology, nonprofit and hospitality.
And we are in need of a co-conspirator (aka Account Executive) to join us! We are looking to reset expectations— what brands expect from agencies and what consumers expect from brands. As such, we want to work with people that have a diverse background, agitators to the status quo that don’t fit into a single “box.”
Account Executive– Position Overview
The Public Relations Account Executive (AE) position will play a critical role within the Demonstrate PR team, driving the development and implementation of client’s communications strategy in collaboration with relevant stakeholders. An Account Executive will serve as a liaison between the company and the account teams, reporting to Sr. Account Executive, Account Supervisor, Managing Director with a dotted line to Agency Partner(s). An AE is responsible for ensuring the company voice is observed, focusing on best practices, communication amongst the teams and effective ways of working. An AE is also responsible for employment of client campaigns through creation and execution of overall strategy. They will assist in oversight of all Public Relations and Social Media for clients and will be responsible for raising client’s brand awareness through broadcast, print and online public relations outreach. They will oversee and manage daily client interaction, strategic planning and media relations. On the whole, this is an office-based role, but the position will be remote working until it is safe to return to our office. An AE will spend time in meetings and briefings, as well as remaining in close contact with key clients. Occasional travel might be required for client visits, new business presentations and planning. Although an Account Executive’s commitment will tend to be standard office hours, deadlines or the demands of a client may see the AE working early or late to ensure continued success.
The primary responsibilities for Public Relations Account Executive include:
- Act as client day-to-day contact, working closely with senior account leaders to ensure teams are managed efficiently, meeting client goals, and ensuring adherence to company practices and standard
- Develop and lead on a day-to-day basis the brand communications strategy, including escalating any issues to senior leadership, as needed
- Maintain and maximize relationships with top tier national print, online, and broadcast media, pitching, writing and securing media coverage alongside the team
- Develop all written materials such as client agendas, media alerts, key messaging docs, FAQs, event briefs, call sheets, etc.
- Oversee influencer campaigns and events, as needed (e.g. press previews, opening and promotional events)
- Facilitate cross-functional team integration and meetings, as needed (e.g. strategy, creative, social, integrated media specialists)
- Ideate and develop strategic partnership programs and campaigns on behalf of clients’
- Have a broad business understanding, strong analytical abilities and critical, creative thinking; engage off- and online audiences, and tell complex stories in an easily digestible way
- Oversee junior staff team members managing various communications strategies in alignment with client objectives; identify and resolve when strategies aren’t working, or the situations evolves
- Contribute expertise in the areas of media and online engagement and public relations outreach to client’s overall strategic planning
- Demonstrate commitment to industry, agency and clients by mastering industry knowledge and trends, understanding and clients’ business
- Attend client meetings as appropriate to assess the progress of the PR campaign
- Contribute to the career growth of junior team members, serving as mentor and role model
- Arrange media interviews for client’s staff and draft briefings for them, as appropriate
- Relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients and the media
- Ensure that all client media coverage is recorded for dissemination to key stakeholders
- Undertake the necessary monitoring and evaluation activities in order to determine the success or otherwise
The ideal Account Executive candidate will have an understanding of the fast-paced media world and also must be professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player and possess a drive for results. They should have strong skills in critical thinking and organization, effective team collaboration and management capabilities, the ability to plan and strategize at a high level, attention to detail and budgetary restraints, experience in professional client relationship management, outgoing entrepreneurial energy, strong decision making and analytical skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to think strategically and creatively, the ability to multi-task, excellent ability to prioritize tasks and manage them in an orderly manner, a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves, self-motivated with a passion for communications and marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications
- 3+ years of relevant experience in communications and/or public relations; agency experience preferred
- A strong rolodex of media contacts (regional & national print, broadcast and online journalists and bloggers)
- Exceptional written communications skills, with the ability to adapt style to suit different communications media and audiences
- Demonstrable experience of communicating complex and nuanced issues to the media
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative and innovative approach to communications and branding
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, outside normal office hours and to be on call as required during early mornings, evenings and weekends to handle media inquiries
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team, and willingness to ‘pitch in’ as required
- Ability to prioritize and assist multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), Google Workspace and Cision/Trendkite required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Demonstrate offices currently remain closed and all staff are working remotely. We continue to follow regional and state health protocols and have plans to reopen our offices late summer when it is safe to do so.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- public relations: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.