Account Receivable Cash Receipts
Since our beginnings as part of the iconic Greenwich Village retail store, Balducci’s, Baldor has maintained its original promise – curate and deliver the best ingredients from around the world. For 25 years, we have served the food industry using cutting edge logistics to create a seamless customer experience. Our commitment to service and quality has made us the first choice in distribution for a diverse list of industry leaders that includes hotels, restaurants, county clubs, hospitals, nursing homes.
Position Summary :
As an industry leader in wholesale, retail, and residential food distribution, Baldor Specialty Foods continues to grow and evolve at a rapid pace across all departments. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary Responsibilities
- Counting cash daily
- Posting receipts accurately and in a timely manner to customer accounts
- Apply wires, Ach daily
- Ensure daily deposit is accurate to Bank
- Upload Orbian
- Charge and apply all Credit Card customer weekly, bi-weekly or monthly
- Resolve all Credit Card issues
- Send out bounce check report as soon as possible
- Process new customer credit application
- High School Diploma or GED required, BA degree preferred.
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Must have strong work ethics.
- Must be well organized and a self-starter.
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable, high degree of accuracy, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to speak clearly and type.
- Ability work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Shift requirement: Monday – Friday; 9AM-5:30PM.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.