- Requisition no: 525637
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Medical Center
- School/Department: P&S CUIMC Development
- Grade: Grade 103
- Categories: Administrative Support
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
Under the supervision of the Senior Director and Director of CUIMC Events, the Administrative Assistant will manage daily activities for the event team and provide administrative support for the office. Incumbent will manage the digital signage system and the interface with the users, vendors and CUIMC IT. Responsibilities include scheduling meetings with large groups with follow up preparation of agenda and notification to participants; drafting own correspondence for review, assisting with preliminary research for on and off site venues, suppliers, and vendors. The incumbent will manage database entry; maintain mailing lists to ensure accuracy of information; maintain files and event calendar; interact with internal and external constituencies; assist with organizing and coordinating events including attending events and aiding in the production of all event materials, i.e., name tags, place-cards, programs, etc.; participate in pre and post event team meetings; troubleshoot when necessary; perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Manage the digital signage system and interface with users. Coordinate needs with internal users, CUIMC IT and the service provider. Ensure that user fees are collected. – 30%
- Support the senior director with budget and expense reconciliation. – 20%
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, daily management of office space and fulfilling administrative duties. Basic office upkeep and organization including ordering, stocking, and managing office and event supplies and materials; fulfilling mailings; managing shipping, couriers, and on-campus deliveries. – 15%
- Assist in the proofreading, production, and distribution of in-house printed event materials such as nametags, escort cards, place cards, menu cards, programs, and flyers. – 15%
- Assist in the management of Excel lists. – 15%
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned. – 5%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus two years of related experience.
- Background in a university and/or academic medical center is desirable.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and handle a large volume of detail work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously; be exceptionally well organized and have focus and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal, public relations, communications, and diplomatic skills essential.
- This position requires work beyond regular hours, including evenings and weekends, as projects and events require.
Subject to business needs, we may support flexible and hybrid work arrangements. Options will be discussed during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: May 10 2022 Eastern Daylight Time