The UPS Store (#1043)
The Administrative Assistant performs all basic clerical and administrative office tasks for the company or a specific department. He or she drafts letters and e-mails, answers calls, receives messages and packages, and manages his or her supervisor’s calendar. In addition, the Administrative Assistant may provide support for computerized record management and in creating documents, reports, charts, graphs, and presentations.
The ideal candidate has some post high school education or training and two years of progressively responsible experience in an administrative position. He or she must have a pleasant and courteous personality, strong administrative and organizational skills, strong phone and computer skills, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Manages inbound communication, such as phone calls and messages, e-mails, and letters
- Provides clerical support, such as typing, filing, copying, data entry, and record keeping
- Manages all aspects of recruiting, hiring, and training new employees
- Reviews daily employee timesheets and submits for payroll processing
- Ensures the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records
- Matches invoices to accounts payable checks, prints and obtains signatures for checks, and distributes checks accordingly
- Highly professional and dependable
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Professional writing skills to compose memos, letters, and other business correspondence observing all rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- HR experience including interviewing and hiring.
- Quickbooks, Bookkeeping, Accounts Payables and Receivables experience preferred.
- Experienced with business applications, including payroll, scheduling, and accounting software
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the internet
The UPS Store is an international network of individually owned and operated franchised service-centers specializing in small business solutions. Our organization consists of 10 locations mostly in Nassau County. Working for The UPS Store is a very rewarding experience. In addition to working with customers from all segments of the community, you will have the opportunity to gain skills valuable for any career. The opportunities for you and our UPS Store are numerous, and we challenge you to help us pursue those opportunities and service our customers with the utmost professionalism.
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Training
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.