Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable New York and New Jersey State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) is mandatory for all MSK employees, contingent workers, and volunteers. Exceptions are permitted for those employees who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption.
- Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster five months after receiving the second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or two months after the J&J vaccine.
In more than 100 laboratories, our scientists are conducting innovative research to advance understanding in the biological sciences and improve human health. The SKI Staff includes 400 research fellows, and 200 graduate students (both PhDs and MD/PhDs). SKI boasts many National Academy of Sciences members and Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigators.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team! The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and operational support for the Manager(s) (Principal Investigator(s) and/or Core Head(s)) to assure seamless support of the office and lab. They also provide backup support to others in the group in an office located within a research laboratory environment.
Do you want to join a dynamic team? We want you to join us!
- Perform general administrative work in support of SKI program activities as directed including ensuring the smooth flow of communication between investigators, members of the lab, institutional contacts, and external contacts
- Exhibit sound understanding of lab operations and manage day-to-day administrative operations for the manager and Principal Investigator (PI)
- Assist in the accurate preparation of complex documents and supervise the coordination and organization of timely grant submissions and similar projects
- Troubleshoot process/paperwork problems and proactively follow up on problem resolution
- Purchase capital equipment including laboratory and computer equipment, and maintain inventory and maintenance records
- Manage complex calendars and scheduling of meetings on the manager’s behalf
- Assist with clerical duties such as scheduling, attendance, payroll, and related records for lab members
- Develop agendas for visiting faculty, establish a detailed course of action for duties, demonstrate thoroughness and accuracy, and use written and verbal communication skills while using extensive discretion and judgment
- Adept at developing constructive working relationships with colleagues throughout the institution and will always present a professional demeanor
- Flexible to adapt to new projects as required for the support of the group and capable of successfully prioritizing tasks
- An effective communicator, with good organization skills, and digital literacy
- A good decision-maker, with shown success at taking initiative and making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- High school degree and 4+ years administrative work experience or a bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of administrative work experience, experience in a healthcare environment preferred
- The ability to work proactively & independently and follow through on projects
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) Experience with both PC and Mac software strong preferred & familiarity with FileMaker database is a plus
- Grant experience strongly preferred- Outstanding communication & interpersonal skills
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.