The Admissions Manager will be responsible for building relationships with social workers, processing incoming referrals and establishing a professional and supportive “first point of contact” for patients and their families entering the agency’s health care programs (private duty nursing, rehabilitation and paraprofessionals). The Manager will follow company guidelines and oversee the activities of Admissions Associates in the Department.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who has a passion for home care/public health/social work and seeks to be part of a successful department experiencing significant growth. The Admissions Department is key to the company’s future success, and its ability to successfully manage a growing referral base.
The essential duties of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
· Monitor referrals, onboarding, authorizations, patient information, hospitalizations, school attendance and discharges. Ensure all paper and electronic records are up to date and maintained effectively.
· Serve as the point of contact for all interactions with patients, staff and administrative associates.
· Build relationships with case managers – and contact case managers if any issues arise with a patient.
· Chair daily morning meetings with the Admissions team. Ensure the Department works efficiently with the Scheduling and Nursing Departments so that information is continuously flowing (both verbal and written).
· Represent the team at meetings with other Departments – Scheduling, Nursing, HR and Management.
· Ensure that communications from patients and caregivers are relayed to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
· Coordinate the activities of all employees in the Department. Assign tasks to Associates and ensure that all tasks are completed on time. Ensure that work loads are evenly distributed and day-to-day essential tasks are completed efficiently.
· Manage large amounts of information successfully, adhering to company policies associated with record establishment, retention, maintenance and confidentiality. Ensure patient information is created, maintained and updated continuously by Associates.
· Learn and utilize technology (software, phone systems, email programs, word processing programs and spreadsheets) made available by the company to increase efficiency, communication and performance of duties; and
· Communicate effectively across departments to support essential company activities.
Skills and Attributes
· Minimum of three years experience in medical intake and/or care coordination;
· Associates degree (a minimum);
· Knowledge of third party billers and government payers;
· Experience in relationship development and managed care;
· Experience in social service setting with working knowledge of case management systems and planning techniques;
· Working knowledge of state, federal, local and accreditation (CHAP) regulations;
· Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications is a must (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point);
· Highly effective and efficient in working objectively with a diverse group of people and must demonstrate administrative and office managerial skills;
· Must be a team player willing to accept and promote organizational goals;
· Must have ability to make quick and accurate decisions;
· Must effectively and professionally communicate with a diverse population including patients/families, social workers, hospitals and case managers. Diplomacy, conflict management and problem management skills are required.
· Attention to detail, along with excellent organizational skills is required;
· Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure with changing priorities and short deadlines; and
· Must demonstrate initiative and have the ability to function independently.
The Admissions Manager will report to the Vice President and President. The Admissions Department meets with Management three times a week and communicates all major issues to Management as they arise. The Admissions Manager will be evaluated on an on-going basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $28.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location