Innovative Refrigeration Systems, Inc. is a locally-owned, premier custom refrigeration system company that provides a one-stop shop for our valued customers. We are proud to provide everything from custom designed refrigeration systems to upkeep and maintenance for our clients. Because of our continuous growth, we are looking for qualified new teammates who share our drive and vision.
We are seeking a Refrigeration Service Technician Apprentice who is looking to grow their career. This position will start out as a trainee position that will work alongside our construction & service teams. This position will require travel, an EPA Universal license, and the ability to work well alone and with a team. The ideal candidate will be able to think quickly on their feet and be able to problem solve effectively. Once the training period is completed, the candidate will transition to a role as a Service Technician. As a Service Technician, this position would be a part of our Service department and would be responsible for the repair, maintenance, & support of industrial refrigeration equipment for our valued customers. A working knowledge of commercial- industrial refrigeration and electrical controls is preferred to be successful in this role. This position will be required to be on an on-call rotation. Advancement opportunities into field supervisors and project commissioning are available for qualified and motivated candidates.
Why work for us? We can offer you a career path and training to advance your career to the next level! We offer competitive salary, full benefits, substantial retirement packages (15% dollar for dollar match!), and growth opportunities to establish a career. Simply put, we are looking to invest time and money into developing the most elite team in the refrigeration industry. If you want to be the best in the business, this position is for you!
Apprenticeship Training Program: Innovative has developed a federally recognized Industrial Refrigeration Technician apprenticeship program to advance the career of our technicians. This position offers enrollment in a 3-year long program that will result in becoming a licensed Industrial Refrigeration Journeyman. Your enrollment will begin on the nearest upcoming quarter.
Our company focuses on four core values: Safety, Quality, Experience and Reliability. Innovative Refrigeration Systems not only meets the needs of our customers, but exceeds their expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, and pursue ever-improving quality. As a full service company our customers have come to count on our commitment to excellence in every system and service we provide.
- Safety: Our company is one of the few in the state of Virginia that is OSHA SHARP certified which means we are a model for workplace health and safety. The safety of our employees is a top priority for us.
- Quality: We settle for only the best, and our customers know when they work with us that they are getting the best-in-class products and services.
- Experience: We focus on ensuring our staff have the experience necessary to thrive in their career. We do this by offering apprenticeship opportunities, our self-guided STAR training program, and by placing a heavy focus on internal training.
- Reliability: High quality product from the start is critical in sustaining long-lasting relationships with our customers. From design, to construction, and continuing into service and aftermarket support, our team offers unbeatable full life-cycle refrigeration expertise.
- Responsible for refrigeration repair and maintenance support to industrial accounts in food and beverage and refrigerated storage equipment ranging from 100 HP to 5,000 HP
- Perform routine and emergency service on ammonia and Freon refrigeration equipment commonly found in industrial applications
- Use working knowledge of screw and reciprocal compressors, electrical troubleshooting all common types of ammonia central systems, & control/alarm systems to perform inspections and preventative maintenance as required
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures and governing requirements
- Knowledge of controls and electric (high and low voltage)
- Must be a high school graduate or have attained a GED, HVAC tech school preferred
- Universal EPA certification OR ability to obtain within 90 days
- RETA 1&2 certification preferred
- Motor alignment experience a plus
- Company is a tobacco-free workplace and, as such, no tobacco products are allowed during the workday on the jobsite(s).
- Position requires a pre-employment drug screening, felony screening, and motor vehicle record screening
- This position is a safety sensitive position and will require pre-employment and regular drug testing
- Retirement plan; company matches dollar for dollar up to 15%
- Health insurance; company pays 75% of the premiums for employee/family
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekly pay
- Competitive vacation & holiday pay
- Supplemental insurance available (Aflac)
- Short-term & long-term disability coverage
- Accidental death/dismemberment coverage after one year of employment
- Life insurance coverage after one year of employment
- Employee referral incentives
- Opportunities for advancement, professional development, training opportunities, and apprenticeship programs available
- Discounts on cell phone plans, rental vehicles, and other company discounts for eligible positions
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.