Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Analyst works collaboratively with the application team members, customers, clinical support staff and providers, to support. Primary responsibility will be to serve as first line of support and resolution for IT applications operations. Performs application maintenance for assigned applications. Responsible for incident client communications, satisfaction throughout the ongoing support of the applications and other associated applications.
If you are located in Phoenix, AZ, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as well as work in the office as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assists with the testing of new applications, new components, and upgrades to existing
- systems and associated applications. Document all outcomes of testing.1 Provides timely, effective, and professional customer support, which may include on-call
- support per procedure
- Provides application-troubleshooting support for applications. Resolve the issue, forward it to
- the correct group for remediation, or elevate it to senior analysts if required
- Assist with application maintenance activities including setting up new users in the system
- Make necessary enhancements to maintain functionality of the application. These changes may include: creating and modifying views, tasking teams, tables, dictionaries, and rules
- Maintain accurate and current documentation regarding application(s) supported by the team
- Participate in the maintenance of training materials and disseminate materials to other groups per procedures
- Monitor HL7 transactions interfaced with applications you support and associated applications and work problems to resolution as they arise.
- Work as member of the IT Application Analyst team and assist with other operational and analytical duties as required by senior members of the team. Work on other project activities as directed by application’s team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of application support experience
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Experience providing IT resources for small to medium projects
- Experience defining project requirements for development and implementation
- Experience partnering with project team to include developers, vendors and implementation teams
- Reside in with the ability to travel to clinics within the Tucson and Phoenix markets
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Undergraduate Degree
- UnitedHealth Group or subsidiary work experience
- Experience documenting workflows and processes
- Experience with Error Management and Interfaced Applications
- Expeience supporting: Allscripts Touchworks, Nuance Dragon Network Medical or Dragon Medical One
- Experience working with Common Interface Engine Systems
- Experience working with Allscripts APM
- Basic proficiency with MS Visio
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.