Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Our industry-leading Asset Protection team uses the latest technology and analytics tools to reduce shortages and protect Macy’s bottom line. Develop your skills with opportunities to specialize in areas such as Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset Protection Training. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to excellence and leadership development.
The Asset Protection Captain’s primary responsibility is to train, educate, and supervise staff in detecting and preventing theft of company property. Train and coach Asset Protection / Loss Prevention staff on apprehension. Support store’s efforts in providing the best customer service within a controlled environment so as to ensure maximum sales at the highest profit rate attainable.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy’s schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Select, train, develop, and supervise Asset Protection / Loss Prevention staff on detecting and preventing theft of company property.
- Develop, implement, and communicate programs to prevent theft amongst customers and employees.
- Participate in initial orientation and on-going training including the computer, surveillance, and alarm systems.
- Respond to customer and associate incidents to facilitate first aid and minimize company liability.
- Recover stolen merchandise and apprehend shoplifters who commit fraud or other criminal acts against the company.
- Investigate criminal violations against the person or property of any customer or associate that is committed on company premises.
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits, and other activities as assigned by the AP/LP Manager.
- Be an expert of and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence.
- Successfully complete all security training requirements and maintain personal certifications as required by law.
- Conduct and oversee audits to ensure sales department compliance to merchandise exposure standards and asset protection.
- Develop and maintain relationship with local law enforcement to facilitate maximum coordination for potential criminal cases.
- Testify in court concerning any case, criminal or civil, wherein the company is a party of interest to which the Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Detective is summoned.
- Works on special assignments, investigations, and surveillance as directed by Store AP/LP Manager.
- Responds to alarm conditions at assigned store.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May occasionally involve reaching above eye level, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to apprehend shoplifters
- Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in surveillance areas.
- Frequently lift/move up to 30lbs
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits.
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for Pay Range
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.