Assistant Account Executive Job Description // Edelman
Edelman Brand has helped evolve, promote, and protect some of the world’s most iconic and celebrated brands. We aspire to do work that moves people – work that inspires people to not only “buy in” to brands, but also buy. We thrive off the energy, heart, and hustle of the city around us and apply that same passion to everything we do. From cars to consumer goods, fashion and retail, financial service, food and beverage, luxury and technology – we are fanatics about finding an insight or truth that will inform smart strategy, breakthrough creative, and brilliant programming.
Edelman is a leading global communications firm, with thousands of employees in 65 cities worldwide. In New York, Edelman’s Brand practice is growing, with experts and specialists who make it their business to understand the new media and marketing paradigm. Our independence keeps us nimble, thoughtful, and resourceful, allowing us to invest in the best people in the business.
Edelman has an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive in our New York office! This vital position will be assisting with implementing and monitoring projects for a global client in the brand space. Previous agency experience and experience supporting the development of corporate and brand communications strategies is highly preferred.
This is a great opportunity to bring your public relations and writing experience, along with your content development and media relations skills to Edelman. And you will be part of a growing team of people who are constantly curious and thrive in a culture of executing work that points the way.
The AAE will be part of a strong multi-disciplinary account team with room for growth opportunities, and must demonstrate an eagerness to learn, be part of and contribute to a strong, high-performing team. This position is ideal for an individual looking for a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment to acquire skills to become a strong CPG communications practitioner and client advisor. The team is currently working a hybrid model.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provides client service and cross-team support by attending meetings and taking detailed notes, handling scheduling and logistics, providing billing support, preparing client status and activity reports
- Develop, edit and proofread materials, including press releases, media pitches, interview briefs, fact sheets, client correspondence and other materials
- Conducting background research, compiling and analyzing media or competitor coverage
- Media monitoring and ongoing, real-time coverage tracking; development of client-facing reports and support in program recaps
- Demonstrate an understanding of research techniques, including analysis of media coverage and online conversation (volume and tone), and identification and categorization of various stakeholders, including organization and individuals to be engaged by clients
- Engage with media/influencers
- Identify real-time trends and provide creative brainstorming against potential client activations or engagement opportunities
- Understanding client’s business, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors in the marketplace, and is able to creatively offer solutions or ideas related to their business goals and objectives
- Experience in using monitoring and media tools or Boolean searches, a plus
Team Management & Integration:
- Collaborative, engaging and self-starter
- Understand internal operations and inter-team collaboration
- Effectively collaborates with account and cross-disciplinary team members including Project Management, Planning, Creative, Production, Influencer, Media, Analytics and more
- Set and pursue challenging stretch goals
- Contribute to the performance appraisal process for peers, managers, and interns
- Go-getter with an innate passion and curiosity in cultural trends
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Loves to stay on top of culture, and is constantly consuming news and social media in order to predict trends and use those to inform the work
- Commits to continuous learning and staying up-to-date with emerging technologies
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Edible Inc’s values, Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field relevant field (PR, English, Communications, Journalism, Advertising) from an accredited college or university
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, excellent organizational skills and the ability to adapt to change and meet deadlines
- Basic research and project management skills
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate strong writing abilities
- Positive, collaborative attitude
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.