Boston Islamic Seminary
Reporting to the President, the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs (“ADA”) will plan and direct BIS activities related to student services and campus life. The ADA will work directly and closely with students as well as Dean of Academic Affairs to recruit, direct, manage admissions, health services, financial aid, housing, and social programs. The ADA will also work to develop programs to ensure academic success and mentorship. The ADA will serve as a point of information for students and must be available to respond to students’ needs. As BIS develops a cohort of graduates, the ADE will also be required to develop career services and alumni programs to ensure that students are successful after graduation.
Leads the development and execution of student affairs services including, but not limited to:
- Student Recruitment
- Admissions & Financial Aids
- Campus & Residential Life
- Student Health Services
- Extracurricular Activities & Social Programming
- Academic Support
- Career Services
- Responsible for making new community partnerships within the United States (i.e. Muslim Student Associations, Islamic organizations, etc.) and promote how BIS could benefit these organizations and services
- Annually develop a comprehensive plan for admission and recruitment for all BIS academic programs
- Develop and implement an 18-month recruitment calendar for all BIS academic programs, measure the success and impact of recruitment initiatives and use data to develop future goals
- Develops and maintains effective partnerships with Muslim Student Associations (MSAs), Islamic colleges, academic institutions, and other feeder programs for the BIS.
- Develops relationships with potential and current students and supports the application and admissions process.
- Creates a Financial Aid Application system, to include guidelines, reviews, assessments, committee, etc.
- Identify current enrollment trends and develop goals in conjunction with other departments including but not limited to Office of the Academic Affairs, Development, and Marketing departments
- Ensures and mitigates the process for new BIS students who need to secure housing, and other related logistics.
- Facilitates the development of student groups and initiatives.
- Assist the Dean of Academic Affairs in the development of enrollment communication strategies for new students and in for continuing students
- Secures academic support for students as required or needed.
- Develops social and extracurricular programming for students.
- Participates in speaking engagements to promote the mission and goals of the BIS.
- Works effectively and collaboratively with BIS leadership team, faculty and staff.
- Assist the Dean of Academic Affairs and Dean of Administration in creating an admissions marketing communications plan for all BIS academic programs
- Develops and enforces policies and procedures for Student Services functions.
- Recommends improvements to policies and practices that support the BIS’s mission.
- Serve as a hands-on working member of the team, who can perform their staff’s duties, when needed, as well as provide oversight and works non-traditional hours to include nights and weekends
- Maintains a safe and effective learning environment through conflict mediation, student counseling, and in consultation with building(s) safety, law enforcement, and mental health professionals.
- Ensures the protection and safe-keeping of confidential data acquired through the service of students.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested by the president.
- Master’s Degree is a must. PhD is strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in undergraduate and/or graduate admissions with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Creative and resourceful, able to solve problems and create new approaches for issues that might be encountered.
- Experience in the development of comprehensive recruitment and enrollment plan
- Strong work ethic and ability to execute with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively, and in a collegial and professional manner, with students, faculty, staff, internal and external constituents
- Fluency in English required.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience with public speaking.
- Proven ability to lead, develop, motivate, and supervise staff
- Ability to present dynamically to groups of prospective students and their families
- Self-motivated and results-driven.
Boston Islamic Seminary is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination as defined under applicable state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, which prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities.
Boston Islamic Seminary embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values. The Seminary operates a school which admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school, and the Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of race in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs. We believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.