Ivy Primary Prep strives to set a new standard for early childhood education with small class sizes and interactive learning methods. Ivy Primary Prep, located in Jersey City, is seeking a Preschool Director who will manage all day to day operations.
We are currently seeking a passionate and ambitious Assistant Director with management and supervisory skills, to join our team. Our ideal Assistant Director will possess strong leadership skills, is an excellent communicator, and is able to motivate and inspire others.
OUR PRESCHOOL DIRECTOR WILL:
- Manage daily operations, ensuring all policy and procedures are met
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with teachers and parents
- Overseeing both teacher and student assessments
- Responsible for all personnel actions, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, promotion, disciplinary action and separation of program staff. This includes tracking all medical records and DOH requirements
- Assures that all program staff members are adequately trained by providing and implementing formal orientation plans to all newly hired subordinate staff
- Conduct weekly observations of classrooms to support growth of our teachers
- Manage questions, concerns, and communication with families
- Manage daily staffing needs in the event of absences and provide classroom coverage if needed
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a group teacher in a program for children under five years of age;
- 5 years of early educational supervisory and administrative experience preferred.
- Work as a team with a hands-on owner
- Positive and upbeat attitude while working in a fast-paced environment
- Highly effective organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 – $26.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Management: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.