Where travel converges with the Marriott hotel experience, Brilliant Travel is the result. Similarly, our Brilliant Traveler is on a journey of enhancement: of curation and synthesis…of finding what defines their travels, and themselves.
At the Marriott Denver Tech Center Hotel, a member of Sage Hospitality, you are empowered and encouraged to create memorable and positive guest experiences with every guest every day. At Sage our experience is different. We are one of the nation’s leading hotel and restaurant management and investment companies. Sage has a dynamic and progressive culture, is value oriented, customer service driven and brings together a team of people passionate about making a meaningful difference every day.
The Denver Marriott Tech Center features 605 guest rooms, over 49,000 square foot of meetings space, and a local Beer Garden. Located in the heart of the Denver Tech Center there is easy access to the light rail taking you right into Downtown Denver. It’s also near Denver Tech Center’s top attractions, including activities in Greenwood Village, Comedy Works, the Landmark Theater & Village Greens Park.
Come join us at the Marriott Denver Tech Center and become part of a diverse and dynamic team!
In your role at the Marriott Denver Tech Center, you will be enriching the lives of our fellow team members and our guests’ one experience at a time. You play an important role in being a “Host” for our hotel by creating meaningful connections, responding to cues, and making it brilliant.
Perks and Benefits:
- Marriott and Sage Hotels and Restaurant Discounts Worldwide
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Dynamic Marriott Cultural Work Environment
- Free On-Site Parking
- Free RTD EcoPass
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) with Employer Matching
- Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral
- Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure guests are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
- Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following established manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts ensuring the guests are satisfied.
- Ensures the entire front desk team regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
- Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room rates, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Maintain good guest relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
- Operates the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls, assisting outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Control cash transactions at the front desk and maintain complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Assist and make recommendations to the Assistant General Manager in the areas of conducting performance evaluations, discipline and terminations as appropriate.
- Coordinate guest service efforts to include group arrivals and departures, and guest transportation, while maximizing the guest experience through top quality customer service.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities and foster good relations with our valet service, taxi services, and the Airport Connection to provide the maximum level of quality service.
- Provide information and assist staff in recommending area restaurants, theaters, community events, activities, etc., to ensure optimum guest satisfaction.
- Greet guests, offer assistance with check-in/check-out, deliver laundry and store luggage.
- Provide guest transportation as required by hotel’s standard operating procedures.
- Order all supplies and maintain inventory control minimizing unnecessary expenses.
- Follow-up on any complaints or problems a guest may experience in a timely and professional fashion to ensure a quality guest experience.
- Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel’s guests, staff and company assets.
- Provide weekly schedule for all Front Office Associates, posted by 3pm on Friday.
- Responsible for covering/finding replacements for call-offs.
- Ensure proper communication to subordinates on all hotel activities in a way that insures that guest needs are being met in a timely fashion.
- Ensures all new hires are aware of all aspects of the hotel.
- Ensure all associates are properly trained on Fosse along with all other systems/procedures that will help them provide our guests with quality service. Make sure all Front Desk Associates are SSM trained.
- Provide motivation to the department.
- Ensure all Front Office Associate duties are completed daily (checklists, call back log, guest request log, wake-up log, etc…)
- Provide assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
- Ensure the front desk is represented at each Safety Committee Meeting.
- Participates in Hotel MOD program
- Must have total understanding of all hotel front office procedures.
- Requires working knowledge of guest services and hotel services, policies or operations. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
- Must have high school graduate level mathematical aptitude; know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized cash register systems.
- Must have past experience in dealing directly with the public and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills.
- Must be fluent in oral and written English.
- Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
- Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to minute written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple tasks.
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required to review correspondence, initiate reports, conduct training, etc.
- Ability to read written forms of communication and monochrome computer screen.
- Must be able to operate computer, calculator and telephone keyboards, for cash handling and paperwork processing.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions, work on more than one task at a time, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- 90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling – repeated bending and kneeling required while filing.
- Mobility – must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients. Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.