(AGM) Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) will have the overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of a restaurant in the restaurant General Manager’s absence, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including supervision and training of staff, product preparation and delivery, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, recruiting and retention of team members, financial accountability, and ensuring that the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customer.
- $300 certification bonus upon completion of training
- Extra $2-3 per hour in tips and secret shopper bonuses
- Referral bonuses
- Free meals
- 401k with company matching after a waiting period
- Health, vision, and dental insurance after a waiting period
- GM training program
- 18+ years old
- Valid QUALIFYING CERTIFICATE IN FOOD PROTECTION NYC
- 2+ years of management experience
- People & Leadership skills
- Excellent communicator
- Integrity: honesty and reliability
- Abilities: read, write, speak, and understand basic English, communicate clearly, function in a fast-paced and noisy kitchen environment, tolerance to temperature fluctuations, working with hazardous substances such as hot oil, use a basic computer system (ex. cash register), ability to walk, stand, bend, kneel, reach, and lift 50+ pounds for the duration of your shift (up to 10 hours with scheduled breaks), finger dexterity needed, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: At Five Guys, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our guests. Five Guys is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Quick service & fast food restaurant
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- are you 18 years or older?
- Are you Fully Vaccinated?/ or Willing to be fully vaccinated?
- Restaurant management: 2 years (Required)
- QUALIFYING CERTIFICATE IN FOOD PROTECTION NYC (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.