The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Librarian in the Archives, Library, and Research Collections Department.
- Provides original and copy cataloging metadata for general and special collections materials in multiple formats as needed (including exhibition catalogs, monographs, artists’ books, zines, photobooks, artist files, graphic materials, etc.) and according to current standards, including Library of Congress Subject Headings, LC classifications, and local practices.
- Performs any other duties reasonably related to the above functions described above or to the daily operations of the Archives, Library, and Research Collections department.
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in information or library science.
One to three years experience with original and adaptive cataloging in a variety of formats (print, non-print, digital).
- Experience with current standards for bibliographic and authority data (e.g., MARC, AACR2, RDA, LCSH, LCC).
- Experience with an integrated library system (e.g., III Sierra, Alma) and associated tools, including OCLC Connexion, RDA toolkit and Cataloger’s Desktop programs.
Demonstrates outstanding team orientation, flexibility, and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and to reach high and low shelves.
Fully vaccinated with a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and/or the World Health Organization authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a qualified disability or sincerely held religious belief or other legal basis).
- Experience using the Alma/Primo VE integrated library system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of twentieth and twenty-first-century art, art historical reference sources and other related research material.
- Reading knowledge of one or more languages in addition to English.
- Familiarity with artists’ books and their associated cataloging issues and standards.
Reports to: Head of Metadata and Systems
Application instructions: To apply, please visit MoMA Jobs. Applicants should submit a resume and a statement of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement: _ Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at the Museum, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, unemployment status, familial status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, arrest or conviction record to the extent required by applicable law, credit history, or any other protected category as established by applicable law, including the New York City Human Rights Law (“NYCHRL”)._
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.