The Assistant General Manager is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective operations of a club with a focus on driving net revenue gain through net membership gain, steady increase of average dues, and ancillary growth. The Assistant General Manager will support the General Manager in managing all profit and loss statements and making decisions that will positively impact the business. The Assistant General Manager will report to the General Manager and will regularly receive guidance and direction from the Fitness Director. The Assistant General Manager will directly manage the development of all other club managers, a team of sales professionals, and any other team members in the club who do not report to another manager.
· Continuously modeling and promoting the NYSC and our family of brands mission, mission statement, and values with pride and integrity.
· Providing a legendary member experience by consistently executing the Five Agreements.
· Performs a Member Experience Walkthrough (MEW) daily.
· Being available to team members to address questions and concerns (Open Door Policy at all times).
· Creating a strong sense of team by fostering collaboration, communication and alignment amongst team members.
· Hosting daily and weekly meetings with team members to ensure staff is connected to each other and in tune with member feedback.
· Ensuring club provides high levels of customer service, a consistently clean club, friendly/inviting service in which member feedback is addressed in a timely manner.
· Establishing systems and processes to reward and recognize top performers.
· Ability to diffuse tension and influence positive outcomes in conflict situations.
· Reviewing and adhering to all New York Sports Clubs and our family of brands documents including but not limited to policies and procedures, employee handbook, state supplement, codes of conduct, etc. and setting expectations around these documents and policies for all team members and club managers.
· Creating an open environment where employees are empowered to ask questions and continue to progress along their Learning Journey.
· Sourcing and recruiting qualified candidates daily, including high quality certified personal trainers
· Onboarding new team members utilizing proper immersion plans to ensure clear expectations while setting the new employee up for success.
· Delivering effective coaching, training, feedback, and performance management directly to team members.
· Progressing and developing trainers through continuous sales and technical development.
· Following up with trainers regularly (daily/weekly) and holding development meetings.
· Ensuring Level 1 shift productivity, including consistently cleaning the gym floor and being present and available for members.
· Overseeing other manager’s employee management and partnering to provide guidance on coaching and development.
· Creating robust development plans for team members who want growth in role and growth into new roles.
· Issuing daily direction based on club walkthroughs (MEW), member feedback, and team feedback.
· Regularly interacting with members to obtain, assess, and address feedback on club needs and expectations.
· Responding to all member and team member requests, concerns, and inquiries in a timely manner.
· Performing all basic system transactions pertaining to enrolling members.
· Developing and maintaining relationships with current members on a personal basis with a goal to generate referrals.
· Being knowledgeable about all products and programs to effectively build value in New York Sports Clubs and our family of brands’ services.
· Being responsive to member feedback and complaints and working towards timely resolution.
· Hitting all key metrics in sales, revenue, retention, cost management, fitness revenue, Fitness sales/ Net gain, Fitness retention and Fitness booking/set up.
· Tracking Key Performance Indicies (KPI) for all departments and creating action plans to improve KPIs.
· Strategically plan with GM the daily/weekly/monthly fitness sales, revenue and retention goals.
· Partnering with the General Manager to review and analyze the club’s Profit & Loss statements and other financial reports daily to ensure the club is on track to meet sales, fitness indicies and expense goals.
· Collaborating with the General Manager to effectively manage expenses including, but not limited to, labor, supplies and equipment.
· Increasing recurring EFT revenue by driving net member gain and average dues up.
· Ensuring fitness products and services offered in clubs are aligned and consistent with the company’s overall fitness strategy.
· Administering scheduling and biweekly payroll for direct reports and overseeing such administration by other club managers.
· Ensuring that the club maintains a 30% rescind rate for billing cancellations every month.
· Working in cooperation with the General Manager to manage and process all cancellations following proper retention procedures in place to retain members.
· Planning and executing daily/weekly/monthly individual and team meetings. Including a minimum of biweekly learning and development workshops offered for all club levels.
· Continuously seeking new avenues of prospecting including but not limited to, call drives, special events in the club and engaging new members at point of sale.
· Setting daily, weekly and monthly sales, revenue and retention goals, including fitness, and monitoring the club’s performance towards goals.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Whitestone, NY 11357: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location