Assistant Store Manager
Job Description Summary
Our Assistant Store Managers are here to ensure our customers have an amazing shopping experience. Beyond that, you are responsible for achieving your individual sales goals and contributing to the store’s sales goals while maintaining S&B’s merchandising and housekeeping standards.
Essential Job Duties
- Model excellent customer service according to S&B standards on the selling floor, in the fitting room, and at the cash wrap to ensure a great customer experience.
- Assist store manager to achieve location’s sales plan and performance targets
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness
- Continually train and coach staff in order to achieve company standards
- Assists store manager in completing all operational activities in compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Implement all merchandising guidelines in a timely manner
- Assist in the management of store inventory (i.e. shipment processing, ticketing merchandise, markdowns, store recovery, stock replenishment, and backroom organization)
- Manage loss prevention techniques to reduce shrinkage and reinforce Company Loss Prevention standards to store associates.
- Ensure all cash management duties are followed according to company policy and procedures including maintaining store funds and monitoring deposits
- Follow the store’s opening and closing procedures
- Ring sales on the register, receive and process cash and credit payment, issue receipts and pack merchandise for our customers
- Communicate regularly with store manager
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting cash, processing charge slips, coupons, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits
- Successfully complete training courses
- This position may fall under Department of Transportation regulations and as such may be subject to medical certification requirements and a Motor Vehicle Record check
To execute the job duties of an Assistant Manager you must be able to perform each and every one of the above essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Excellent customer service skills are essential
- Capacity to create a positive work environment to motivate self and team
- Skill to run a cash register
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to a flexible schedule
- Talent to communicate clearly through written and verbal channels
- Must be a team player – give and receive feedback, put success of the team above your own interests, support everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Resourcefulness to manage time and prioritize your tasks to ensure they are completed on time and correctly
- Math competency to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, and percentages
- Technical aptitude to use Point of Sale software, credit card terminals, and basic computer skills
Education and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. is essential (Associates degree preferred)
- 1-3 years retail experience
- Experience in a supervisory capacity
- Constantly standing and walking
- Constantly reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping
- Frequently stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Frequently lifting up to 20 pounds and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally climbing and descending ladders and step stools
- Hearing with or without correction to understand verbal communication
- Visual Acuity to perform any activity where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach
The physical demands listed above are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sales Associates and Keyholders
Job descriptions are dynamic and frequently modified. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned at any given time as both the business dictates and the functions of the job change.
Scrubs & Beyond is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. We recruit, hire, train, compensate and promote without regard to individual characteristics.
Scrubs & Beyond is proud to be part of kindthread’s ecosystem of brands, dedicated to serving and transforming the healthcare apparel industry while driving positive community impact. For over 20 years, Scrubs & Beyond has offered fashion-forward products and outstanding customer service. Seeing an opportunity to raise the bar and provide a transformative experience catering to discerning healthcare professionals, Scrubs & Beyond has grown its business to become the largest retailer of healthcare apparel and accessories in the country. With the acquisition of Uniform City and Life Uniform companies in 2013, Scrubs & Beyond currently operates 113 stores in 30 states nationwide and is one of the largest scrubs-based ecommerce businesses with a relentless focus on customer experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.