About this Opportunity:
Herman Miller is hiring an Assistant Manager to join our NYC Flagship Store. As the Assistant Manager, you’ll work in partnership with the General Manager to ensure the success of the store. As the Assistant Manager, you’ll provide leadership and support to the team and handle management responsibilities in the absence of the General Manager. Our Assistant Managers balance their time between working with clients to make sales and provide exceptional service, and supporting the General Manager with various leadership initiatives, including sales coaching, talent acquisition and training. As an Assistant Manager, you will report directly to the General Manager.
What you’ll do:
You’ll have opportunities to design, achieve and build relationships every day as you…
- Work to expand the client’s connection to the Herman Miller brand and promote outreach in your local community.
- Directly manage all Performance Specialist (Sales Associates).
- Manage the full client lifecycle to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Attending store meetings, participating in product training, sharing information among peers.
- Assist in maintaining the store’s design and visual standards using merchandising guidelines.
- Fulfill customer needs and resolve issues in a manner consistent with the Herman Miller Client Experience.
- Collaborate with fellow Associates and promote positive team spirit.
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following experience, skills, and abilities:
- 3 to 5 years of retail leadership experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external parties both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify client needs, problem solve and understand and explain product features and benefits.
- Experience with a POS (Point of Sale) system and proficiency with MS Office software, Gmail, web navigation and 3-D rendering programs.
- Able to routinely move objects weighing more than 20 pounds and to understand safety requirements.
As an Assistant Manager, you will receive a competitive base salary, commission, and quarterly bonuses. You’ll also be eligible for our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, 401k and more.
MillerKnoll provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.