Henry Holt. & Co. is looking for a creative and enthusiastic marketer to join our team as Assistant Marketing Manager/Marketing Manager to help promote fiction and nonfiction list that includes New York Times bestsellers, Pulitzer Prize winners, celebrities, and literary debuts. This position will oversee the marketing for 5-10 titles a season (with the support of a marketing colleague) as well as imprint social media management. Our ideal candidate is curious, collaborative, an independent worker, and digitally savvy. This is a great role for someone looking to join a team where they can grow.
What You’ll Do:
- Build awareness and conversations around our books and brands across Holt’s social platforms and influencer program.
- Generate and execute 5-10 creative marketing campaigns each season that factor in blogger/influencer/community outreach, marketing partnerships and promotions, book industry mailings, digital advertising, and promo material design
- Support the Marketing Director on seasonal and year-round marketing initiatives and collaborate with colleagues across editorial, publicity, sales, and Central Marketing.
- Support key titles with original and engaging digital content from sweepstakes to
newsletters to assets for author channels.
- Contribute creative ideas and trend updates in team brainstorms and present campaign updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist VP of Marketing & Publicity and Marketing Director in mentoring junior staff via new learning opportunities and brainstorms.
What you’ll bring:
- A love of reading and a passion for nonfiction and fiction books.
- Experience in digital analytics, audience research, and social listening.
- Consumer-facing social media experience and knowledge of the latest platforms and trends with proven ability to create engaging digital content.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills with the ability to navigate a variety of communication styles.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and work independently. Familiarity with marketing analytics with the ability to examine data to form an analysis of campaigns and content.
- 2+ years of media/marketing experience in publishing or a related field.
- Knowledge of Google Apps, project management tools, and marketing tools.
- Experience in publishing with an interest in both fiction and nonfiction a plus!
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin’s Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a part of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media group of companies headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic
background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the
best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the
world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.