The Assistant Merchandiser is responsible for providing organizational support to the Merchandising team and partnering with their Merchandiser on the running of the day-to-day business. The Assistant Merchandiser leverages organizational & analytical skills, as well an eye for relevant trends, to support the brand and the achievement of financial goals. They supports our omnichannel business, maintaining a 360 degree view of our store and ecommerce channels.
- Possess knowledge of overall department to be able to provide team members with all requested information.
- Analyze and identify best and slow sellers by generating selling reports; review with team to determine how information should be interpreted and reacted to.
- Demonstrate awareness of competitor landscape, trends, and our target customer by researching and competitor shopping.
- Manage sample process; ensure samples are organized and categorized appropriately.
- Participate in milestone meetings; recap, prioritize action items from meetings and follow up as needed.
- Update and monitor on-order and shipping reports; surface any issues and provide potential solutions to manager and cross-functional team.
- Anticipate department needs for milestone meetings each season.
- Understand the different roles of the cross-functional team and how they relate to the Merchandising role, and foster relationships to efficiently drive collaboration.
- Complete data entry for day-to-day product management.
- Filter information to draw inferences, create solutions, and adjust strategies to maximize the business and drive the merchandising process forward.
- Proactively seek out new opportunities to grow the business and further personal & professional development.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to develop relationships at all levels and work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to think analytically and grasp retail math concepts.
- Understanding of the teen market and Aero customer.
- Commitment to learning and continuous development.
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Process-oriented mindset with creative problem solving ability.
- Must be able to learn new system.