For over 45 years, New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center (NYPCC) has been at the forefront of mental health and wellness; assisting children, families, and individuals with behavioral and emotional challenges at our five locations throughout the city.
NYPCC is the leading pioneer of community mental health services, serving over 15,000 clients per month. We run and operate the largest clinic in the State of New York and pride ourselves on innovation and “caring for the community” by providing in-person and telehealth services for our clients, while offering an unsurpassable and competitive compensation structure and benefits package to our team of dedicated employees.
NYPCC is certified by Mental Health America as a Platinum Bell Seal organization, the highest certification possible. NYPCC is proud of our ongoing commitment to employee mental health and well-being. NYPCC is certified by Mental Health America as a Platinum Bell Seal organization, the highest certification possible. NYPCC is proud of our ongoing commitment to employee mental health and well-being.
Benefits of working with us:
NYPCC is a fast-paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with a passion for our mission. We offer a very competitive salary with full benefits including:
- Paid Time Off
- Student Loan Pay Down Incentive
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Excellent Salary (including increases) & Bonuses
- Amazing Culture
- Opportunity to give back to the community
- Job Stability and Growth Opportunities (40 Years in the industry)
- Perkins and other loan forgiveness may also be available
- NYPCC Health and Wellness Events
- Mediation Room
- ** BONUS: NYPCC new hires who submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccine and booster shot are eligible for up to $700
- Assist Program Administrator in supervising staff and program activities
- Work closely with clinic Doctors, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Practice Manager
- Assist with planning and conducting in-service training for staff
- Review case records to ensure that they meet regulatory requirements
- Review clinical and administrative reports with staff, ensuring compliance with agency policies.
- Provide individual and group supervision to clinicians as assigned by Program Administrator.
- Evaluate the quality of individual workers and help to improve the performance of workers
- Prepare written evaluations, Corrective Action Plans, and disciplinary actions, as required
- Participate in supervisory conferences with the Program Administrator and other supervisors to discuss programmatic challenges, collaborating on exchange of ideas and information.
- Maintain and review program policies and procedures, ensuring they are up to date and followed by clinical staff.
- Provide crisis intervention and assist with client needs as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by Program Administrator.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited school in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling
- Must be licensed by the state of New York in his/her professional discipline
- SIFI certification and experience supervising Interns is a plus
- 4 or more years of post-graduate experience as a supervisor in a mental health facility
- Able to be on-call during off-hours and weekends by cell phone; available for consultation on an as-needed basis
- Schedule: Tuesday to Saturday
- Outstanding engagement, interpersonal communication skills, and able to work collaboratively with other disciplines, including clinical and clerical staff
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong demonstration of professionalism
- Takes initiative, prioritizes, and adjusts to change well
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that are timely and effective
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Maintains a positive attitude and is friendly, upbeat, and has a great “can do” personality
- Passionate about NYPCC’s mission and values
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.