Assistant Spa Manager
Reports to: Spa Manager
Hotel Barrière Management is seeking an enthusiastic and reliable Assistant Spa Manager who will assist the Spa Manager in handling the day-to-day tasks of the Spa by keeping it organized and running efficiently. As the Assistant Spa Manager, you will help supervise and organize the operations of the spa to maximize profits through exemplary customer service and customer satisfaction. You should be able to assist with coordinating activities of employees delivering spa services, including treatment, skin care, program coordination, reservations, reception desk, massage and locker room areas.
- Should strive to maintain and motivate the entire SPA team, and able to create a culture of care and service excellence among employees
- Should have an exceptional understanding of the therapies and spa services offered, how they work and be able to communicate well with guests.
- Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Ensure high degree of customer satisfaction, address customer dissatisfaction, resolve service complaints.
- Maintain the utmost cleanliness and soothing ambience of the premises
- Ensure the health and safety of guests and employees are always paramount
- Ensure proper inventories of all operating Spa equipment are conducted in line with audit standards to effectively manage operational costs
- Ensure that the spa department follows hotels policies and procedures including health, hygiene, emergency, and Fire prevention
- Ensure that the spa department follows safety and always maintains confidentiality for all guests and colleagues
- Ensure all spa, health club, and wellness equipment are always maintained in good working order
- Ensure that all stock and cash items are kept safely under lock and key
- Coordinate with the engineering department to ensure proper repair and preventive
- maintenance works of all spa and health equipment
- Train, and monitor Spa employees in accordance with hotels sop and guidelines
- Manage spa inventory effectively, and follow hotel purchasing standards to ensure audit compliance
- Perform any other duties that management may require
- Passionate about the Spa and Fitness world and Willingness to deliver the best service and experience to our guests
- Strong organizational qualities and confidence, with sound communication and customer service skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Google Applications (Gmail, Meet, Calendar, Hangouts,, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Spa, Membership, and recreational software
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role in a luxury hotel or a well established SPA brand
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up and stand and or walk up to 8 hours per day
- Fluency in English, second language a plus.
- Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Health/Vision/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Vacation, Sick days
Covid-19 Considerations: Must be able to show proof of full-vaccination. All associates are required to wear masks.
Hotel Barriere Group is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10013: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Spa services: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.