KIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59 public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly 34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose —college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.
KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income communities.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/.
To provide speech and language services and appropriate intervention services to eligible students under the direction of a licensed supervisor. To maintain speech and language special education records and documentation as directed by a licensed supervisor.
- Self-identify as Assistant SLP to families, students, patients, clients, staff, and others. This may be done verbally, in writing, and/or with titles on name badges.
- Exhibit compliance with The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations, reimbursement requirements, and Assistant SLP’s responsibilities.
- Follow documented treatment plans or protocols developed by the supervising SLP.
- Document student performance (e.g., tallying data for the SLP to use; preparing charts, records, and graphs) and report this information to the supervising SLP.
- Program and provide instruction in the use of augmentative and alternative communication devices.
- Assist with clerical duties, such as preparing materials and scheduling activities, as directed by the SLP.
- Assist with departmental operations (scheduling, recordkeeping, maintenance of supplies and any equipment).
Prevention and Advocacy
- Advocate for individuals and families through community awareness, health literacy, education, and training programs to promote and facilitate access to full participation in communication, including the elimination of societal, cultural, and linguistic barriers.
- Support the supervising SLP in in-service trainings.
- Participate actively in professional organizations.
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) with an emphasis in speech-language pathology or communication sciences and disorders
- Current Texas licensure as a Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
- Knowledge of habilitation and rehabilitation of speech, language, and fluency disorders
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills as well as emotional intelligence
- Ability to travel to multiple work locations as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Use of evidence-based practices in intervention
- Desire to continue to learn and grow and consumer of current research
- Spanish-English bilingual speaker
- Experience providing therapy in Spanish to native Spanish-speaking students
Compensation and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas’ competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.