Cortelyou Early Childhood Center has been serving the community for nearly 40 years. We are looking for a qualified Assistant Preschool Teacher to prepare small children for Toddler by easing them into organized education. You will teach them important elements that they will encounter soon after they enter school life. A preschool teacher must have a great love and patience for children, creating a positive learning experience. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods as well as the ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention. The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of the child so they can more easily acclimate in the next level of education.
- Develop a careful and creative program suitable for preschool children
- High School Diploma and College Credits and/or early childhood experience; An associated degree in early childhood education or working on their Bachelors in early childhood education is a plus+
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, media etc.) to teach children
- Observe each child to help them improve their social competencies and build self-esteem
- Encourage children to interact with each other and resolve occasional arguments
- Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colors, do crafts etc.)
- Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
- Track children’s progress and report to parents
- Communicate with parents regularly to understand the children’s background and psyche
- Collaborate with other educators, including lead teachers.
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
- Proven experience as a Preschool Teacher
- Fluent in English and an additional language is a plus+
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and preschool educational methods
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Ability to act as mediator between children
- Cool-tempered, friendly and reliable
- Balance between a creative mind and a practical acumen
- Certification in child CPR is a plus+
- Must be able to change diapers if students are not potty trained
We offer competitive salaries. To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume.
Lastly, all of our staff must participate in continuous professional learning experiences to grow in their practice in their field.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
All staff are required to be fully vaccinated, as per NYC DOH mandates. All staff with children 5 years and younger must wear face masks while in the classroom or in the vicinity of students. All other NYC & DOH mandates are followed as appropriate.
- Associate (Required)
- Classroom: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.