Brooklyn based online company looking for an Associate Buyer with knowledge in photography, camera and lighting. If you have 1-2 years buying experience and/or selling on Amazon, Walmart.com, eBay, or other direct-to-consumer sales platforms, you may be the person we are looking for.
The Associate Buyer works with the Senior Buyer on overall category management and help grow sales in his/her category. The right candidate has ecommerce buying experience and a passion for growing sales and achieving goals. Private label experience a plus.
The Associate Buyer is a motivated individual that will participate in vendor selections, and partnerships. They will assist with merchandise transfers, ensure the resolution of data integrity, and will assist in providing information for the monitoring of inventory productivity. The analysis of vendor profitability while providing data and analysis for price changes and assists in entering prices changes online are imperative functions of the job.
The company employs over 185 people in three locations, has established great teams, and ensures great opportunity and growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Track category trends and top selling products
· Continually evaluate sales performance and initiate product improvement ideas
· Monitor pricing to ensure adequate profit
- Run reports on inventory movement and task accordingly
- Work with IT department and Marketing department to promote products
- Allocate to FBA and ensure optimal page placement and design
· Ensure inventory is kept at an acceptable level
· Initiate purchase orders, and monitor all open purchase orders
· Maintain contact with warehouse to avoid/resolve issues with your designated lines
· Must have 2+ years of ecommerce experience
· Strong knowledge of retail math concepts, including elements of markup, margin planning, open to buy, and inventory productivity measures (WOS, T/O, GMROI)
· Strong negotiation skills
· Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Private label experience a plus
- eBay or Amazon experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brooklyn, NY 11218: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- How proficient are you in Excel?
Work Location: One location