The Vertex Companies, LLC* (VERTEX) is an AEC firm that offers forensic, engineering, construction and environmental solutions. We care about our clients AND our employees so we operate with a constant sense of urgency and always look to add-value. This strategy has allowed us to grow with our clients over the past 24 years at a rate of 30% per year. We have been able to maintain exceptional quality through this constant growth cycle because of our lifetime of learning program which keeps us ahead of the curve in a constantly evolving economy. Bottom line…we deliver.
Ready to start your Construction Claims career with a leader in the industry? This is the perfect opportunity to learn about Construction Claims as an Associate Consultant, supporting our growing Scheduling Claims practice.
Associate Consultants provide support to management and the team in preparation and evaluation of construction claims on matters of varying sizes. Associates are responsible for assisting in delivering outstanding professional services on assigned projects and will gain the skills and experience to develop within the practice. Associate Consultants support detailed analyses of project schedule delays, cost overruns, productivity, contracts, change orders and other issues related to design and construction
What you will doing:
- Provide support in the preparation and/or evaluation of construction expert reports
- Assist in development and/or analysis of construction scheduling claims and delay analyses
- Develop and/or review time extensions and change order requests
- Evaluate contract damages and prepare cost analyses
- Develop, update, and maintain project schedules with project manager and superintendent input in Primavera P6.
- Perform reviews of baseline and periodic schedule updates for quality, compliance with specifications and overall reasonableness
- Review and analyze project cost records
- Assist with data gathering efforts including document review and supervision, and quality control of data entry activities
- Prepare client communications for senior level review
- Review and interpret construction drawings, specifications, and contract documents
- Communicate effectively via phone, video and in writing with all parties involved in selected assignments including clients, project staff, subcontractors and owners.
- Track your time and monitor activities against a budget
- Ensure that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, construction-related field (i.e.: architecture, construction management or civil engineering)
- Internship or prior experience in a construction or consulting setting preferred
- Familiarity with interpreting construction drawings, specifications, contracts, estimating and take-offs, and as-built drawings
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Travel as required to fulfill position and project responsibilities.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with superiors, co- workers, clients and subcontractors
- Proficiency or working knowledge of Primavera P6 strongly desired
- Physical Requirements include walking of job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain and carrying construction tools and equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites
At VERTEX, we differentiate ourselves because of our ever-dedication to our five core values. We hire employees that embrace these values.
1. WE CARE
We succeed because we care about our clients and employees. This is the lifeblood of VERTEX and is the foundation of our other core values.
2. WE ADD VALUE
We look to add value on every assignment. This leads to repeat business and long-term relationships with our client base. We pass on projects where we cannot add value.
3. WE OPERATE WITH A CONSTANT SENSE OF URGENCY
We respond to client requests quickly and deliver our projects on time because we respect their mission. We treat each assignment as if it’s our most important.
4. WE ARE GROWTH FOCUSED
Service area expansion and regional growth allow us to better serve our clients around the globe. Continued growth also provides our employees with exciting opportunities for career advancement.
5. WE EMBRACE A LIFETIME OF LEARNING
We remain ahead of the curve on industry trends and technological developments based on our continuing education strategy, which provides our employees with a clear roadmap for professional development.
VERTEX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you require assistance to complete any part of the application process, please contact our Recruiting team at [email protected]
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that VERTEX does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, VERTEX will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, VERTEX explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of VERTEX.
Job Type: Full-time