Chewy is looking for an Associate Director – Ethics & Compliance to join our Legal, Risk & Corporate Responsibility Team based in one of our hub locations (Dania Beach, Florida; Seattle, Washington; Minneapolis, Minnesota; or Boston, Massachusetts). The Associate Director – Ethics & Compliance position is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join a maturing, fast-paced, dynamic department supporting all aspects of the organization with respect to a broad spectrum of ethics, compliance, and risk issues. This position will report to the VP, Chief Compliance Officer and will use their skills to support the company in meeting ongoing and evolving regulatory compliance obligations, proactively mitigating risk, improving and tracking the control environment, and building a culture of compliance in the operations of the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan, prioritize and manage compliance program initiatives, including the annual and long-term roadmaps
- Work with cross-functional teams to build and maintain effective and innovative compliance and ethics training, communications, and awareness campaigns to enhance a culture of integrity
- Implement and enhance compliance due diligence processes and procedures for suppliers, vendors and other third parties
- Evaluate existing internal policies and procedures, identify policies and procedures needed to enhance compliance, and assist in creating, reviewing, or revising as needed.
- Advise business teams regarding operationalizing and building in controls for legal, regulatory, and best practice requirements under federal, state, and local laws
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement mitigation action plans in consultation with business stakeholders
- Support the business in evaluating compliance risk associated with new business opportunities and verticals, adapt compliance program as appropriate, and advise on appropriate controls
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, risk management, compliance, legal, or similar
- 10+ years of experience identifying, reviewing, or mitigating compliance, risk, or audit
- Demonstrated experience with compliance frameworks, including the Department of Justice Guidance and the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines, as well as the COSO ERM framework
- Experience managing a team
- Broad and deep understanding of ecommerce, technology, and retail industries, and related compliance requirements, risks, mitigation, governance, and controls
- Ability to convert legal concepts and regulatory requirements into relevant and practical business guidance, solutions, and controls
- Data and operations experience using facts, data, and analytics to formulate and execute compliance strategy
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to achieve success by working with cross-functional teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to adapt style to varied audiences as warranted
- Display the highest-level judgment, ethical conduct, and integrity
- Position will require travel at least quarterly
- Advanced degree in relevant field such as MBA, J.D., or Master of Data Analytics
- Compliance certification, such as CCEP or LPEC
- Experience performing risk assessments and control/risk mitigation oversight in an ERM or GRC software solution
- Demonstrated familiarity with the three lines of defense model
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.