This position reports to the Associate Director of Content Strategy for Tech and Entertainment and will work across the Dotdash Meredith portfolio of brands, with a strategic focus on PEOPLE, Entertainment Weekly and Lifewire.
About the day-to-day:
- Oversee content strategy on sales opportunities, creating smart, strategic ideas for advertising partners in the Technology and Entertainment categories
- Attend brainstorms, ideate concepts, and deliver write-ups to be integrated into final proposals
- Compile production costs from internal teams and effectively relay to sales and clients, as necessary
- Foster relationships with the Entertainment and Technology sales, marketing, and editorial teams, ensuring you are up to date on each brand’s unique brand voice, content products, and opportunities
- Represent ideated content strategies in pitches with agency and client partners
- Contribute to a library of pitched and proactive ideas as an ongoing resource for turnkey ideation and thought starters
- Act as creative through-line from pitch phase through execution, onboarding in-house production teams on sold concepts and acting as quality control throughout the production process
- BS/BA or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years in a digital media or network environment
- Bonus points for content studio, creative agency, and/or content marketing experience. Not required.
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest in the entertainment and technology categories—think streaming platforms, binge-worthy TV, and connected devices.
- Collaborative: You are a team player who knows a good idea can come from anywhere
- Communicative: You have strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Creative: You look at the world through a creative lens and are energized by brainstorming sessions with your peers
- Connected: Avid consumer of content in its various forms across platforms.