Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
VMware is transforming how we enable our external customers and partners by transforming learning. As part of VMware’s strategy to grow our software-as-a-service (SaaS) business, we are driving towards a scalable and sustainable digital learning business which will in turn deliver an excellent customer experience, drive key skills, and enable business outcomes for our customers. This transformation will deliver to our customers and partners the skills and performance support they need to support their business objectives as the world changes. We are looking for a versatile, dynamic, and agile Associate Project Manager to join the VMware RACE Technical Content Solutions team who will help manage some of the world class digital training content for VMware’s cutting edge technologies.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Project managing technical curriculum development projects for content used to enable VMware Customers, Partners, and Employees.
- You will engage with the Technical Content Solutions (TCS) Dev Managers to assist with project scoping, project planning and project launch activities required for self-paced eLearning and Instructor Led Training courses.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- You will manage all communications with the content development and review teams, triage and resolve issues as they arise.
- You will facilitate cross-team project meetings to review projects and status.
- You will liaise with support teams and editing/publications teams to ensure on-time course publications and launches.
- You will communicate and set targeted resolution time frames to business users and TCS team members.
- You will manage eLearning and ILT projects with oversight from the Dev Manager.
- You will ensure day-to-day operations are maintained with clear communications to all stakeholders within the team.
- You will network within organization to learn more on how to engage with others within the team.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors preferred but not required.
- Self-starter, taking initiative and requiring minimal supervision with strong aptitude for learning.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a logical approach to problem solving.
- 2 years of general business experience or new college grad.
- Experience with curriculum development or eLearning development a plus.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
VMware people share deeply held values that inspire us to build a diverse culture, make a positive impact on our customers, communities, and the world around us, and support the policies that guide how we treat one another.
As for the leadership, you will be working with a diverse group of leaders with many years of experience in education content development, education sales and delivery, professional services, partner enablement, technical instruction, and business operations among several others. Structurally, the Technical Content Solution team reports into the global VP of the VMware Worldwide Readiness, Assessment, Certification, and Enablement (WWRACE) organization.
Where is this role located?
The role is a remote/flex position with the option to go to an office if there is one near you, depending on your preferences and the arrangements determined with your future manager.
Home Office – Anywhere in the United States
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Training and Education
Experience: Entry Level
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-05-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.