Serco North America
AutoCAD Draftsman-Entry Level position will be on a dynamic team, supporting ship or shore design at our Virginia Beach, Virginia location. Bring your expertise and collaborative skills to make an impact toward our military defense and safety of our sailors.
Serco’s Installation Design Service Center supports the US Navy across multiple contracts that sustain shore and shipboard systems across various platforms and installations. Our team conducts surveys, documents as-built conditions and produces design plans which are used at Navy facilities around the world.
You will be part of a critical team that works closely with our customers and other Serco teams to deliver quality technical drawings who has been recognized by the Navy and the industry for their outstanding contributions across multiple contracts and programs.
In this role, you will:
- Design and develop engineering drawings related to various DoD/USN programs.
- Contribute in all phases of the development life-cycle.
- Produce comprehensive, quality drawings or technical documentation as required.
- Demonstrate proficiency using AutoCAD to accomplish engineering tasks.
- Perform individual and team Quality checks on drawings or technical documentation.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job while working under immediate supervision.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience, willing to work more than 40 hours per week and travel to various work-sites.
- The ability to climb ladders, perform ship checks, and site surveys.
- Practical knowledge in AutoCAD drawings, technical design documentation, and engineering specifications and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, an aptitude for reading and writing technical documents, proficiency in computer hardware and programs related to engineering, design, documentation and presentation.
- Proficiency with AutoCad and MS Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) required.
- This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens.
- Must have an active secret clearance and the ability to travel up to 50%.
- The ability to gain access to shipyards (NAVSTA & DBIDS) and undergo a background investigation and pass a drug screening.
Additional desired experience and skills:
- Familiarity with DoD drawings, drafting or architectural standards
- Experience with AutoCAD 2018 or newer.
If you are interested in supporting and working with our team across the globe on a passionate, talented, and diverse Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
Military Veterans and Spouses encouraged to apply!
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: [email protected] or call the HR Service Desk at
800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email [email protected]
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.