Coastal States Bank
Position Summary: The Banking Assistant supports the Relationship Banker in managing client relationships and is focused on three primary areas: Loans, Deposits and General Client Service. This position works closely with clients and other internal CSB team members to deliver an overall exceptional client experience.
Essential Functions: *
Position Focus Areas:
Focus areas for the Banking Assistant fall into three (3) key areas:
- Lead the effort in the pre-closing lines of credit.
- Initiate new loan opportunities and renewals in nCino.
- Review closing documents (pre-closing) for accuracy associated with the loan approvals.
- Execute funding for closings, initiate wires.
- Review and process loan draw requests.
- Review closed loan package (post-closing); prepare and process for booking.
- Order real estate and equipment appraisals.
- Manage (clear) financial statement and collateral exceptions to exceed bank expectations.
- Initiate new deposit account openings for clients.
- Initiate and complete all required documentation for new deposit accounts with Banker approval.
- Daily inspection of client Overdrafts and NSF activity pay or return with Banker approval.
- Accurately execute wire transfers with Banker approval.
General Client Service:
- Responsible for providing general day to day servicing to exceed the clients expectations.
- Respond to wire requests, online banking issues, account inquiries, payoff quotes, ACH change requests, address changes, pulling credit reports for new applications.
- Partner with the assigned Banker to perform as a key point of contact for clients.
- Provide overall exceptional service to both internal and external clients.
- Perform administrative duties on a regular basis (process and distribute mail, scanning, maintaining files, etc.)
- Act as a primary resource to resolve complex and simple client matters.
- Clearly and proactively communicates with clients as directed by the assigned Banker and on an as needed basis.
- Contribute to the bank team effort by working on special projects and reports, performing other job-related duties, at the discretion of the Supervisor.
Critical Success Factors:
Self-Motivated and Team Player
Provides Exceptional Customer Service
High Attention to Detail
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
Two or four-year degree preferred, high school or equivalent degree required. One to five years of banking experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable. Completes diverse deadline driven tasks. Works with highly sensitive and confidential information. May act as a resource to other internal staff. Knowledgeable in a wide range of Microsoft Office software applications. Proficient with Fiserv, nCino and other necessary bank platforms.
The responsibility to acquire and maintain the required knowledge of State and Federal Banking regulations and policies.
Responsible for the timely completion of all required compliance training such has BSA, Information Security, and other job specific training as assigned.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Professional office environment. While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to operate standard office equipment. The team member is frequently required to communicate and perceive. The position is primarily stationary and not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions and requires sedentary work such as exerting up to 10 pounds of force 5% of the time and a negligible amount of force approximately 95% of the time.
- This position description has excluded the marginal or peripheral functions that are incidental to the performance of primary functions. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This position description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will employment relationship.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.