Hyatt Place Glendale/Los Angeles
PART-TIME BAR SERVER
Shashi Group, LLC is a hotel ownership, development, and management company with active properties in the San Francisco Bay Area and plans to further expand its geographic reach. With 9 distinctive properties, both branded and boutique, Shashi is well situated in the Silicon Valley market. At Shashi Group, we’re culture focused. We believe in empowering each team member to continue to grow and learn to set and achieve new goals. We operate on a simple but essential belief: when you succeed, we thrive.
At Shashi Group we’re wired for next generation travelers who love open spaces, open thinking, and open expression. Our guests are tech savvy and confidently social, with an eclectic style they’re not afraid to show. We understand what our guests need, so we provide an affordable option for the tech-savvy design guru. If you are someone who appreciates tech-forward features and vibrant social scenes, then we invite you to explore a career with us.
Shashi Hotel Group is currently searching for a Full Time Bar Server for Hyatt Place Glendale/Los Angeles to join our growing team.
The main function of the Bar Server is to greet and accommodate guest, take food, and drink orders and deliver to the guest. You’ll be the face of our restaurant and responsible for our guest experiences. You will be responsible for ensuring our tables are clean and tidy when guests arrive. You need to be quick on your feet and have a polite and friendly attitude. Your ultimate goal will be to provide high-quality service that will help us maintain and attract customers.
- Keep the premises clean and organized and respond to guest inquiries
- Greet and seat guest
- Take food and beverage orders and accurately enter them into the ordering system
- Make menu item recommendations
- Be aware of any food allergy or nutritional needs and ensure food is prepared in accordance with customer needs
- Ensure all orders are filled quickly and accurately
- Provide attentive service to guest i.e., refilling drinks as needed and checking their needs during meals
- Promptly address any customer service issues and refer to management if and when necessary
- Responsible for some cleaning duties, such as at the service station, around kitchen, bar, and dining areas
- Make beverages including beer, wine, and cocktails
- Make or prepare food and/or Guest orders
- Cleaning and operating dishwasher and dishwashing
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience serving and making beverages
- Ability to walk, stand, and carry heavy trays.
- A friendly, attentive attitude.
- Knowledge of cocktails, beer, wine, and food.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A food handler’s license.
- Proven experience helping in kitchen settings.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to safely use kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Sound knowledge of food safety standards and procedures.
Shashi Group is an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and will select a candidate based on job-related qualifications without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, religion, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), genetic information, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, or any other basis protected by state law, federal law, or local ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.