Company Horizon Air
Our close-knit flight operations team orchestrates the daily operations of our airline, creating an airline people love from behind the scenes. Whether you’re new to the industry or a seasoned pro, you’ll use your expertise to create the situations that make guest experiences as safe and enjoyable as possible. You’ll be at the heart of how our airlines will achieve its goals and enjoy the opportunities you’ll have to create a long and satisfying career with us.
This role is responsible for balancing strategic priorities while ensuring tactical execution for Flight Operations Pilot Bases at Horizon Air (QX). As a people leader, the Base Chief Pilot leads and establishes priorities for the team by implementing the Flight Operations strategic goals and objectives in relationship to the day-to-day operation at the base; safely, in compliance and accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), and company policies.
- Lead and establish priorities for a diverse team of pilots by setting professional standards and coaching when appropriate.
- Shape the long-term strategy and planning for operations at assigned base.
- Develop people through effective performance management and ongoing feedback, focusing on fostering strategic and systems thinking across team and function, development of talent in function/discipline, and succession planning.
- Shape culture of the team and beyond through action, presence, and reinforcement of positive and professional behaviors.
- Influence across the team to build and maintain trust between the pilot group and Horizon management by using well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, interacting in a fair and diplomatic manner, and demonstrating consistency and reliability in interactions.
- Influence and partner with leaders both in and outside the company, including Horizon and Alaska Airlines’ station and inflight leadership, to ensure the highest level of safety standards are administered.
- Represent the company and be the point of contact for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the Port, and the United States Postal Service.
- Review, provide recommendations, and assist with the implementation of policies and procedures related to flight safety, compliance, and operational efficiency.
- Manage all delay and operation metrics for assigned domicile.
- Attend operational meetings as required.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Minimum of 18 months professional pilot experience (operating under FAA Part 121 or 135, equivalent military/other experience).
- 1 year of leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, or an additional two years of experience in lieu of this degree.
- Ability to become a line qualified pilot at Horizon.
- Familiarity with FAA regulations and Pilot Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), with a strong technical background and expert knowledge of pilot procedures.
- Operate well under pressure or in changing conditions, demonstrating good professional judgment, time-management and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change and initiate actions that have strategic impact and drive a high-performance culture.
- Outstanding communication (e.g., verbal, written, and listening) and presentation skills, with a demonstrated commitment to clear and transparent communication.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Prior experience as a Line Captain.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Where permitted by applicable law, new hires must have received the COVID-19 vaccine. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air pay and benefits can vary by company, location, number of regularly scheduled hours worked, length of employment, and employment status.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Monthly incentive pay plan
- Annual incentive pay
- Generous paid time off
- Unlimited high priority space available travel privileges on Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air
Apply by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on 8/8/2022
Employment Type Full-Time
FLSA Status Exempt
Requisition ID 2022-8771
Equal Employment Opportunity We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees and do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information (including family medical history), political views or activity, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. If you’d like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please fill out an AAP Inspection Request Form .
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.