To describe and delineate Peak Medevac International (PMI) expectations and scope of practice for the Base Lead (Supervisor of Operations) position.
The Base Lead (Supervisor of Operations) will work under supervision of the Clinical Directorand Medical Director. Assist the Clinical Director with planning, coordinating, and overseeing patient management services. Perform administrative activities of PMI’s air medical transports for the assigned base.
Must meet aspects of Peak Medevac AMC requirements.
- 5 years of experience in air medical fixed-wing transport
- Communicates effectively with all individuals involved in the transport process
- Effective critical thinking skills
- Strong critical care background
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Strong analytical ability and demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to work in a professional and tactful manner with all levels of
staff, possess leadership skills and the ability to relate to clinical and
- Experienced with obtaining medical assessments relating to an air ambulance
- Must be computer literate with above average software proficiency
The Base Supervisor works under supervision of the Clinical Director, Medical Directors, and
management team and reports to the Clinical Director.
- Liaison between The Clinical Director and medical team; assists in the oversight of the
- Part of a team to provide 24-hour coverage to trouble-shoot any potential medical or
logistical issues that may impact or delay a transport
- Assist with business development and marketing
- Provide medical triage reports to the Air Medical Crew (AMC).
- Initial assessment of risk factors associated with transport
- Provide the Communication Center with alternative ideas, when necessary, to complete
- May be required to provide coverage for aircraft, if needed
- May assist with crew scheduling
- Assist with hiring of new AMC
- Assist with Orientation and continuing education training
- Be part of PMI’s CQI and safety programs
- Act as a resource for clients
- All other duties as assigned
- Must meet the Professional Conduct of the Peak Medevac Air Medical Crew.
- Interfaces with the management team to participate in conferences, public relation
events and trade shows
- Interfaces with Risk Manager to identify and mitigate risks associated with clinical
- Assists Clinical Director, Medical Directors and management team with the development
and implementation of medical policies and procedures for the program, ensure that all
procedures are consistent with program objectives and conform to established
environmental, safety, and infection control requirements.
- Enhances professional growth and development thorough participation in educational
programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the PMI’s management team
- Must have the ability to interact with all AMC in a professional manner
- The Base Supervisor will set an example for professional behavior to be modeled by
AMC. He/She will strive to lead by example
- Demonstrate clinical competency
- Promote the growth through education of AMC
- Precept other AMC in development of teaching roles
- Provides consultation with all components of program regarding related issues,
regulations, policy, procedures and standards
- Acts as a direct liaison between AMC, Medical Directors, Clinical Director, and
- Works with AMC, Clinical Director, Medical Directors, management team, and all staff
in order to facilitate growth and success of the AMR Air Ambulance transport team.
Research and Marketing:
- Promote research activities within PMI
- Serve as a resource for industry issues in research, training, education and assist with development and data collection with current projects
- Works directly with business development and management to promote PMI
- Assist with the development of customer and community education
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects integrity, supports objectivity, and fosters trust.
- Provide care without discrimination and, with respect for the rights and dignity of all individuals.
- Comply with all state and federal laws, especially those which govern and relate to your Professional Practice Act.
- Avoid any form of conduct that creates a conflict of interest, and shall follow the
principles of ethical business behavior.
- No confidential information shall be divulged pertaining to PMI, its employees, practices, vendors, clients, patient or family, unless disclosure is required for responsible performance of duty, or required by law.
- Will not discriminate against other co-workers, patients, families or any person whom you come in professional contact with, based on age, race, gender, religion, cultural differences or sexual orientation.
- Will report any and all issues pertaining to personnel, such as, but not limited to, benefits, illness, discrimination, sexual harassment or safety concerns brought to your attention should be reported to your immediate supervisor, management team or Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location