Associated Urological Specialists
Competitive Pay Benefits!:
General Summary of Duties: Responsible for gathering charge information, coding, entering into practice management (PM) billing system. Responsible for processing and filing insurance claims.
1. Researches all information needed to complete billing process including obtaining charge information from providers/staff.
2. Confirms services/procedures performed and reviews diagnosis for payable relevance to corresponding charges.
3. Assists in processing of all insurance claims.
4. Keys charge information into PM billing system to generate claims.
5. Processes and distributes copies of audit reports to forward to clients.
6. Assists in error resolution.
7. Maintains required billing records, reports and files.
8. Answers inquiries from client staff regarding billing issues.
9. Participates in educational seminars.
10. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
11. Other duties as assigned.
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
Education: High school graduation and prior experience working in a medical billing office.
1. Knowledge of billing practices, policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of coding and clinic operating policies.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology.
4. Knowledge of insurance industry guidelines and policies as related to medical billing.
5. Knowledge of grammar, spelling and overall good communication skills.
1. Skills in computer programs, spreadsheets and payer applications and websites.
2. Skill in using a calculator.
3. Skill in typing 40 wpm.
1. Ability to understand and interpret policies and regulations.
2. Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
3. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetical or numeric system.
4. Ability to communicate effectively and work with others.:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.