Union Square Events is looking for a Back of House Manager to join their growing team at a Premium Hotel Partnership!
Founded in 2005 as Hudson Yards Catering, Union Square Events is a culinary and operations leader in the hospitality industry, partnering with a diverse portfolio of best-in-class clients. We produce one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences in a variety of cultural, corporate, entertainment, and private venues throughout New York City and beyond.
Who you are: The Back of House Manager (“BOH Manager”) is responsible for the storage, distribution, cleaning, and maintenance of all banquet equipment. Leading a team of hourly associates, this position leads the daily ongoing upkeep and usage of all equipment and supplies, cleanliness of the banquet facility, dish room, and surrounding areas, identifies and schedules repairs and maintenance, and coordinates health and safety inspections. The BOH Manager plays a role in tracking budgets and spending when working with outside vendors for supplies, repairs, and other measures
What you’ll do:
- Manage inventories, storage spaces, transportation, and venue/event logistics
- Adopt, implement, and provide feedback on new strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost
- Ensure that quality, quantity, customer satisfaction, and financial commitments are met as directed
- Partner and communicate with other teams and departments to ensure success
- Ensure that the banquet facility is fully operational with all utilities and equipment functioning properly
- Schedule and supervise maintenance repair work as directed in coordination with other hotel teams
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Ensure security of the banquet facility and all its assets
What we need from you:
- 1+ years of experience working in logistics, warehouse, or transportation operations
- Ability to manage, coach, and provide training for direct reports
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds in all directions
- Maintaining a stationary position, often standing for prolonged periods
- Walking up and downstairs several times a shift
- English Fluency, Spanish knowledge is a plus
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you with an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Options (health care, dependent care, transit & parking)
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall mental wellbeing
- Exclusive access to primary care, mental health, and other healthcare services through Radish Health
- Annual dining credit and 51% dining discount throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to the USHG HUGS Employee Relief Fund
- Hotel Partner Discount
Please note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This position may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the restaurant.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please e-mail [email protected] for assistance.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.