Texas Nursing Services
Full Time – Nights, Rotating Weekends
Position Summary: This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke’s Medical Center of optimizing quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The BMT RN oversees and directs the care of the BMT/Oncology patient. The BMT RN is responsible for the care of blood and marrow transplant patients, patients with hematologic/oncologic disorders, patients with multisystem organ failure, and other patients meeting BMT admissions criteria. Serves as primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care. Oversees and directs the care of assistive personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients. Within the first year the RN will have gained basic BMT knowledge and skills. Between the first and second year the RN will have gained BMT critical care knowledge and skills. When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) is an acute care unit where you will deliver phenomenal care for adult hematologic-oncology, autologous and allogeneic blood and marrow transplantation patients, and patients receiving CAR T-cell therapy. In this role, you will be asked to provide the following services:
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management, including investigational protocols
Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
- Management of patients with radiation implants, central venous access devices and spinal drains
- Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration
- Thoracentesis and paracentesis
- Epidural and intrathecal analgesia
- Management of toxicities r/t chemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation therapy and neutropenia/ thrombocytopenia/ anemia
- Antibiotic/Medication therapies
- Autologous and Allogeneic Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Bone marrow harvest recovery
- Pain Management and telemetry monitoring
- Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse; BLS – Healthcare provider.
- ACLS required within 9 months.
- ONS Chemotherapy Provider Card required within the first 9 months of hire.
- If the staff member is prn, they will not be required to have ONS Chemotherapy Provider Card because they will not have enough exposure to chemotherapy/biotherapy to maintain competency in this area.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. EKG interpretation competency or course within the first year of hire. BSN preferred.
- One year experience in acute care preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical thinking skills.
- Desire to provide compassionate, holistic care.
Shift: 7P – 7A (Only Night Shift Available)
Interested in Warm, Friendly Nurses; Organized, Used to Working in Challenging Situations & Adaptable
This Unit see’s patients with Leukemia, Lymphomas, Various Auto Immune Disorders, MS, etc.
Hourly Wage Estimate: $30.50 – $45.50
Sign-On Bonus: $15,000
Relocation Assistance: $5k (Outside of CO) & $2K (Within CO – 75 Miles outside of Denver )
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $30.50 – $45.50/hour.
About Texas Nursing Services: Who We Are It is crucial to know that you have a dependable and skilled healthcare staff in your facility. Hence, as a nurse staffing agency in Texas, Texas Nursing Services commits to the satisfaction of our clients by helping them make the perfect hire. We have professional nurses and other healthcare personnel who are capable of rendering unparalleled care and medical services to your clients or patients. Texas Nursing Services provides Per-Diem, contract, and permanent placement of nurses. Enlist our help and talk to our staff now so you can get started! What We Do Texas Nursing Services works with various healthcare facilities in Texas by helping them find nurses and healthcare staff who will best match the qualities they are looking for. Whether you are an Assisted Living Facility, Hospital, Nursing Home, Urgent Care Facility, Dialysis Center, or Rehabilitation Center, we got you covered when it comes to stringent staffing solutions. Why Choose Us? Enlisting our help means hiring nurses and healthcare staff who have already undergone: Criminal Background Checks Health Screening License Verification Specialty Credentialing Our nurses and staff are all set to work on day one of hiring. Whether it’s because of staff burn out, sick staff, or emergency staffing, we are here to lend you a hand. Our nursing agency has the largest database of the pre-screened workforce in the State Of Texas. We carry our own insurance, so you don’t have to use yours. Contact us now so we can better help you. MISSION To bring forward reliable staffing solutions from our pool of highly efficient nurses and healthcare staff. VISION To be the primary resource of professional nurses and dependable healthcare staff to the communities and facilities we serve. Get in Touch Do you have inquiries or concerns? Don’t hesitate to message us through our contact form. Our staff will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Learn more about us at https://www.texasnursingservices.com/.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.