The UPS Store (#3933)
THE UPS STORE, INC. together comprise approximately 4,800 independently owned locations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada, providing convenient and value-added business services to the small-office/home-office market, corporate “road warriors,” and consumers. Our centers offer a variety of shipping, freight, postal, digital online printing, document, and business services through convenient locations and world-class service. The strength of THE UPS STORE, INC. comes, in part, from the talented and dedicated associates that lead and operate each retail location. We endeavor to be the best in every aspect of business by promoting a culture of trust, teamwork, accountability, high expectations, and open communication.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for ensuring that day-to-day and month-to-month business transactions conform to basic accounting principles, which includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and financial reports. He or she verifies, allocates, and posts transactions into proper journals and ensures transaction back-up documents are properly maintained. The Bookkeeper has strong skills in problem solving, documentation, research, and data analysis. In addition, he or she maintains an adequate system of accounting records and develops periodic financial reports that comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
The ideal candidate for this position has an Associate’s degree in accounting (preferred), at least three years of accounting or bookkeeping experience, competency in Microsoft Office applications, and experience with accounting software.
- Reviews invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Matches invoices to accounts payable checks, prints and obtains signatures for checks, and distributes checks accordingly
- Oversees 1099 maintenance
- Responds to all vendor inquiries, reconciles vendor statements, and researches and corrects discrepancies
- Helps with month-end and year-end closings and prepares various reports
- Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately following company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Invoices customers and applies customer payments
- Ensures the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records
- Researches and resolves payment discrepancies
- Maintains the accounts receivable aging for certain customers and receives incoming customer payments, enters cash receipts, and completes bank deposits
- Communicates with customers (verbally and via email, letter, or fax) to reconcile customer accounts, which will involve requesting past due payments and investigating discrepancies
- Performs accounting clerical duties such as filing and copying, sending out past due correspondence, sorting and distributing incoming mail, etc.
- Organizes and maintains up-to-date financial records
- Uses computerized accounting software programs to perform duties and responsibilities
- Develops automated spreadsheets
- Operates office equipment including personal computers, copiers, fax machines, and 10-key calculators
- At least three years of accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Strong computer and internet skills
- Experience with accounting software
- Strong keyboarding skills and the ability to create meaningful data reports and manipulate data
- Strong communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task
- Good project and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the internet
- Strong knowledge and Experience of Quick books
- Flexible Schedule
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Training
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.