The Bookkeeper is responsible to calculate, maintain and manage all financial transactions of the Senior Center and Corp.
- Setting up new vendor process; obtaining all necessary documents (ACH form, voided checks & W9 form)
- Ensure all purchases follow our tax-exempt policies and set up with new vendors if needed (Gathering all invoice approvals from DHQ as needed)
- Handle all Petty Cash transactions and weekly money calculations with Assistant Director
- Prepare bank deposit slips and make bank deposits as needed.
- Verify with Administrative Officer if invoices match with what was ordered or serviced
- Prepare all monthly and quarterly financial reports, income packets and expense packet, etc
- Monitoring and updating the Corporate Credit Card transactions and printing monthly activity reports.
- Prepare Sunday cartridge income reports, money calculations and year end cartridge reports.
- Writing receipts, collection of cash & checks and maintain accuracy of Safeguard receipt book
- Prepare the Senior Feeding Packet in absence of Office Administrative Officer or Corp Officer
- Assist in counting all miscellaneous cash in the senior center (small kettles)
- Invoicing vendors and clients
- Assist in all financials related to Kettle Income (counting & entering kettle income and preparing kettle reports)
- Overseeing all bills and expenses are paid on time
- Maintaining an organized filing system
- Assist in reviewing and computing the yearly budget
- All other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate by Corp Officer
- Willing to work under pressure
- Willing to work with people and have initiative, creative and compassionate heart
- College degree or high degree required (relating to accounting, finance, bookkeeping or related field)
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English and Chinese
- Have Basic Computer Skills and competency with software such as Microsoft Office & Excel, appropriate desktop application, and is familiar with computer and printer hardware.
- Must have prior experience with finance, bookkeeping or accounting field
- Must have ability to work and relate well with people, consisting of individuals with various age, experience, competency, and cultural background.
- Must be available to work various shifts corresponding to Corps hours of operation
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.