Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
The Vendor Specialist is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, meeting hourly sales and Loyalty goals on a personal and departmental basis, demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers, and creating a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. Additionally, the Vendor Specialist is responsible for becoming an expert on the vendor’s product and promoting brand loyalty. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop a high level of product knowledge for the merchandise in the department by reading vendor tags, pamphlets, and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection and engage the customer
- Reinforce customer’s selection and package merchandise with care
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals and Loyalty goals
- Develop clientele customer list and increase department sales
- Maintain communication with vendors, OVMs, and regional/divisional offices for support on driving sales, promos, and product knowledge
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
- Be aware of back stock and fill as needed
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales
- Assist CSX manager or vendors with special events as needed
- Maintain good housekeeping standards
- Adhere to Loss Prevention and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits.
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for Pay Range
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.