NORTHEAST VALLEY HEALTH CORPORATION
As a member of the WIC clinic team, this position is primarily responsible for providing peer breastfeeding support to WIC participants through individual and group breastfeeding education, phone calls, hospital visits and data collection. This position as a WNA/CLE is authorized to certify individuals and perform WIC required education. In addition; this position will assist in the promotion of the Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program. This position is 100% direct client service.
Reports To: Breastfeeding Peer Counselor – IBCLC and Clinic Supervisor
1. High school diploma and at least 3 years experience in a WIC clinic.
2. Breastfed at least one child; current or previous WIC participant.
3. Satisfactory completion of the WIC para-professional training for counseling low risk women, infants and children.
4. Certified WIC Nutrition Assistant
5. Certified Lactation Education
6. Legible handwriting.
7. Bi-lingual preferred, Spanish/English or Armenian/English.
8. Available to work some evenings and weekend hours.
9. Must have current Class 3 drivers license and adequate insurance.
10. Must have basic computer skills.
Northeast Valley Health Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Northeast Valley Health Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.