Business Analyst I (Remote)
: UNITED STATES-NY-New York
At Equitable, our power is in our people.
We’re individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our communities. Here, you’ll work with dynamic individuals, build your skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking. Are you ready to join an organization that will help unlock your potential?
The Business Analyst will support the delivery of new products, product functionality, and other enhancements as directed by IR Commercial Tribe, IT, and IR/GR Operations. The business analyst will be an IR STAR chapter representative in an Individual Retirement IT squad and will be responsible for validation and ongoing production support of system enhancements that impact the squad, as well as daily inquiries received from Service Operations, Equitable Advisors, 3rd Party Broker dealers and Equitable Distributors.The IR STAR business analyst will be part of the Strategic Solutions Group Area and New Ways Of Working (NWOW) at Equitable, working closely with the IR STAR Sub-Chapter Lead using Agile methodology / NWOW principles.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support incoming new business initiated on advisor and broker dealer order entry systems. In addition to supporting Commercial Tribes, IT and Service Operations, the role will require support of other business units such as Controls, Compliance, Legal and Finance
- Responsibile for analysis of business requirements related to Individual Retirement and Group Retirement initiatives, development and execution of test plans, and validation of system changes
- Partner with IT and outside vendors to analyze and develop solutions to critical system defects
- Maintain detailed knowledge of Individual and Group Retirement products and end-to-end system processing utilizing the following tools, where applicable: Ebix/AN4, Ebix/AMP, iPipeline/Affirm, Insurance Technologies/Firelight, FIDx Integrated Tool, and DTCC Portal
- Responsible for accurate, detailed release notifications to wholesale firms, and outage communications to the field
This is a remote role
Agile Project Management: Knowledge of effective agile project management strategies and tactics; ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources to achieve project objectives.
Business Data Analysis: Knowledge of business data analysis; ability to collect, identify, analyze and interpret business data using various kinds of techniques to meet business needs and requirements.
Customer Segmentation: Knowledge of customer segmentation; ability to differentiate customers into meaningful groups and to establish interactions and service levels appropriate to each group.
Data Gathering and Analysis: Knowledge of data gathering and analysis tools, techniques and processes; ability to gather and analyze data on the learning needs of a target population.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Financial Analysis: Knowledge of tools and approaches of financial analysis; ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of the organization’s industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply industry knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Market Research: Knowledge of market research; ability to collect, collate and analyze information about existing or potential markets and market needs.
Technical Writing/Documentation: Knowledge of technical writing; ability to write technical documents such as manuals, reports, guidelines or documents on standards, processes and applications.
User Acceptance Testing (UAT): Knowledge of UAT activities, tasks, tools and techniques; ability to design, implement and evaluate acceptance tests for end-users.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating for change.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years’ experience in QA and/or user acceptance testing preferred
- Familiar with testing processes and tools
- Ability to adopt the Agile mindset and behaviors
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to connect the product updates with how the system functions and what needs to change
- Readiness to “roll up the sleeves” and to go outside comfort zone to learn
- Self-starter with strong verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box
- Belief in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, safety, and trust
At Equitable, we’re a team of over ten thousand strong; committed to helping our clients secure their financial well-being so that they can pursue long and fulfilling lives.
We turn challenges into opportunities by thinking, working, and leading differently – where everyone is a leader. We encourage every employee to leverage their unique talents to become a force for good at Equitable and in their local communities.
We are continuously investing in our people by offering growth, internal mobility, comprehensive compensation and benefits to support overall well-being, flexibility, and a culture of collaboration and teamwork.
We are looking for talented, dedicated, purposeful people who want to make an impact. Join Equitable and pursue a career with purpose.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform the essential job functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at (212) 314-2211 or email us at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.