Amazon.com Services LLC
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or engineering field
- 3+ years of experience as an analyst or engineer in the data/statistical/BI space
- 2+ years of experience with SQL
- 2+ years of experience with data visualization using QuickSight, Tableau, or similar tools
Amazon’s Litigation and Regulatory Legal Team is seeking a Business Analyst to join our team. This role will work with our Employment Legal team to drive more efficient data research and more data-driven decision-making. Goals include streamlining queries for business data needed to respond to legal demands, better reporting on litigation-related trends, analysis of metrics to drive operational performance, and generating business insights from litigation data to drive change. You will work with Legal professionals to understand their goals, create KPIs, and find ways to gather and report on data. You will partner with another business analyst, and data engineers on our legal technology team, to make sure needed data is available and efficient to access.
Key job responsibilities
This business analyst will:
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Partner with the team to create key performance indicators and new methodologies for measurement
- Collaborate with data engineers to translate business needs into requirements for data objects including data sources and reporting tables.
- Build data visualizations and reports for self-service consumption using QuickSight.
- Draft concise documents communicating results to stakeholders, visualizing data where beneficial to drive decision-making
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing and ad-hoc metrics, reports, and analyses, to drive key business decisions
- Experience with AWS technologies like S3, Redshift, and Athena
- Experience analyzing and reporting on legal data
- Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
- Experience with Amazon seller data or other data sets
- Experience with law enforcement requests
- Experience interacting effectively across job levels and with technical and non-technical partners
- Sound business judgment, strong attention to detail, and excellent organization skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.