Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job Title: Business Development Executive, Advanced Therapies (Cell Therapy) CDMO (US Remote)
Requisition ID: 176347BR
Location: Remotely based in the US – major biopharmaceuticals preferred
Division/Group: Pharma Services Group / Pharma Services Division
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, we make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. Our teammates seek career growth in a global life science company by helping resolve our biggest problems like curing cancer, making medicines for the rarest of diseases, and inventing vaccines to fight pandemics.
How will you make an impact?
The Business Development Executive of our Advanced Therapies CDMO service at Thermo Fisher is a confident self-starter who enjoys building new relationships. This customer facing role conveys the value offer comprised of our Cell Therapy, Plasmid, mRNA, Viral Vector, Biologics, and Clinical Logistics services. This individual is incentivized to nurture high customer touch in a fast-paced quarterly cycle where wins come through trust built in our service level. The BDE will focus primarily on Cell Therapy.
What will you do?
- Prospect pharmaceutical companies seeking CDMO services to qualify new projects with scientists and demonstrate our professional touch as a world class supplier
- Deeply understand customer needs to ensure accuracy, timely revision, and fair pricing of our proposals to deliver a memorable customer experience
- Help build the sales process and record information in the SFDC database to enable both peers and commercial leadership across the greater Thermo Fisher network to communicate and succeed
- Provide voice-of-customer to internal partners and continuously build field sales opinions to evolve our value proposition while in startup mode
- Be the primary customer contact to represent our Thermo Fisher brand in a dynamically growing therapeutic area
- Local travel to visit customers and showcase newly built Thermo Fisher sites. Limited travel outside of territory for meetings and conferences not to exceed 25%
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences required; MBA or post graduate scientific degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of field sales or business development experience in the life sciences industry; 5 years preferred.
- Customer dedication to relentlessly seek and distill solutions from complexity
- Good knowledge of the clinical drug development process
- Mindful listener and communicator (written and oral) amidst a fast-paced startup environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ideally has an existing customer network, positive relationships, and knowledge of agreement execution from a previous CDMO business development role
- Formal training in a consultative or solution-based sales methodology is a plus
- Proficiency with SFDC or customer relationship management tools is helpful
- Ability to articulate solutions to customers as a trusted advisor
- Has sold related products or services to learn a variety of approaches when selling to startups vs. big pharma
- Strong presentation skills or public speaking experience to diverse audiences will likely make this person our champion!
- Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine testing, per client discretion. As a requirement to be onsite at Thermo Fisher Scientific this position requires vaccination status disclosure upon employment
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.