Business Technology Analyst
Atlanta, GA, New York, NY or San Francisco, CA
Columbia Property Trust is currently seeking a Business Technology Analyst to work in one of the following corporate offices: Atlanta, GA, New York, NY or San Francisco, CA. The Business Technology Analyst is responsible for oversight and daily maintenance of software needs for the enterprise which includes managing business change and software implementations, aligning the business team around the scope of a solution to help stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future. This role is also responsible for integrating and coordinating activities with the operational managed services vendors.
This role is not remote, and employees must report to the office five days a week.
Proof of full vaccination (defined as having completed the primary series of the COVID-19 vaccine) is required.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the analysis, preparation of specifications, and plans for the development of data processes and governance.
- Coordinate with the business on testing execution and data extractions to analyze and support the solutions in response to business needs.
- Develop technical specifications, test strategies plans and scripts and data management by working with business stakeholders and architects to design efficient solutions.
- Recognize and adopt best practices creating, analyzing, and validating detailed functional specifications.
- Facilitating design sessions with the implementation team to define the solution.
- Conduct deep dive analyses of business problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to IT & business leadership.
- Keep abreast of advances in technologies related to those currently installed and proactively propose updates to the current systems. Recommend implementation of alternate technologies to help operations run more efficiently and/or at a reduced cost.
- Assist with special technology project requests that are critical to the business needs but may not fall under the scope of a full-scale project. Acts as the point person for coordinating resources and maps out a plan from inception to completion.
- Manage system configurations for all third-party business applications.
- Process user setups, offboarding and role change requests for all business applications.
- Create user access audit review requests at least once annually for each business application to send to application data owners and process access changes received.
- Strong aptitude to independently research and learn innovative technology as well as prepare recommendations for a technical roadmap.
- Able to interact effectively with people in all levels of the organization (cross-functional, regional teams, vendor resources and executive management) in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Build, foster and promote positive relationships among the technology team and fellow stakeholders.
- Detail oriented, an innovative self-starter, and comfortable working in ambiguous situations.
- Flexibility to work the hours necessary to meet solution commitments.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, self-disciplined, and highly organized.
- Minimum of five years of proven and practical experience participating in a technical implementation inclusive of solution changes, upgrades, or system reconfiguration.
- Proven background of delivering business value through process, data and technical solutions.
- Ability to develop, conduct, and document test plans for solution changes, upgrades, and evaluations.
- Proficient in MRI and Nexus Payables.
- Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration with a minimum of two years of related on the job experience.
- Experience supporting a production environment with 24/7 on-call responsibility.
- Solid technical background with understanding in software development and web technologies.
Travel Required and Percentage
Approximately 10% to attend vendor conferences and/or pursue continuing education opportunities.
The worker is sitting most of the time but will often include tasks involving light work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading. The worker is constantly typing into a computer, and occasionally other office productivity machinery (such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer). The worker needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The worker may need to visit construction jobsites to review the progress of work, meet with the project management staff, lender inspectors and related parties. These visits may require the use of protective equipment and may entail visiting jobsites where agility is required to move around the site.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Columbia Property Trust creates storied properties for legendary companies in New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., and Boston. The Columbia team is deeply experienced in transactions, asset management and repositioning, leasing, development, and property management. It employs these competencies to grow value across its high-quality, well-leased portfolio of 12 properties that contain more than five million rentable square feet, as well as four properties under development, and also has over 8.5 million square feet under management for private investors and third parties.
For more information, please visit www.columbia.reit.
Columbia is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- technical implementation: 5 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.