The LeFrak Center at Lakeside inside Prospect Park is currently hiring Cafe Cashiers/Bartenders. This position is responsible for providing high-level service to our guests during day-to-day operations and special events. You will be expected to perform the following duties.
- Prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for guests.
- Verifies all guests that purchase alcohol are at least 21 years of age.
- Follows all established recipes and procedures in beverage preparation.
- Possesses full knowledge of food and beverage products served and utilizes suggestive selling techniques.
- Takes orders and delivers food and beverage in a timely manner.
- Operates point-of-sale system with high level of efficiency and handles large amounts of currency.
- Practices proper cash handling procedures by addressing the point-of-sale system after every transaction, properly organizing money, counting change back to guests, and following appropriate checkout procedures.
- Tracks items that were spilled or wasted + report appropriately to Management.
- Assists with stocking the bar and display cases.
- Ensures guests receive immediate, friendly, and personalized service to build their intent to return.
- Maintains satisfaction by answering questions thoroughly, handling complaints or directing them to a manager, and providing specific item suggestions and information about the establishment.
- Follows proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all bar related products with Management.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the Company’s products and programming, and communicates properly to guests.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service established by Company policy and NYC/NYS Regulations + Laws.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program/by the NYDOHMH, and reports any guest or employee accident/workplace safety concern to Management immediately.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by Management or Supervisors, and always moves with a high sense of urgency.
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures as established in the Handbook, and exudes a genuine kindness and commitment to hospitality + guest satisfaction while ensuring best financial practices within the company.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
- One to three (1-3) years of experience as a bartender – preferably in NYC or another large City is required; or equivalent combination of education + experience suitable to ensure success within the role.
- In possession of or in the process of obtaining an active NYS Food Handler’s Card -and- TIPS/eTIPS On-Premise Certification; staff members are required to obtain cards individually, and provide proof of possession either prior to or within the first ninety (90) days of employment with the Company.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid sick time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- bartender: 1 year (Preferred)
- TIPS (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.