Tony Miller Properties - Los Angeles
Thank you for vying for a position at The Marigold Cafe!
There’s a lot of information in the job description below, but before you get too far into that…know that we are a small team of caring and motivated go-getters who strive to grow ourselves while growing the store. This isn’t your typical job, mainly because you’ll be free to manage yourself and in return, you’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at what it’s like to run a business. Many of our employees have gained experience with us and gone on to start their own businesses! Which we support with encouragement, knowledge, advice, and who knows…maybe we’ll be your first customer.
So if you’re looking for a team where everyone is focused on positively improving themselves, and the neighborhood at the same time, you’ve come to the right place.
The Marigold Cafe is seeking to hire a cafe team member. The primary responsibilities include preparing food items, such as sandwiches, soups, salads, and baked goods. You must prepare all menu items to order, following standard recipes and procedures. Basic job duties consist of measuring, portioning, cutting, slicing, heating, mixing, and assembling ingredients to create delicious menu items!
The position of the Café Team is rather open-ended, based on the needs of the café along with the individual employee’s strengths, skills, and special needs.
Duties may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Greeting patrons as they enter the dining area.
- Handing food to customers with a smile.
- Taste-testing and quality assurance.
- Washing, sanitizing, and drying dishes.
- Re-stocking refrigerators, shelves, and displays.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly dining area.
- Counting and tracking inventory with Excel (Excel experience a must).
- Ordering quality products from vendor database.
- Food preparation tasks.
- Fulfilling cafe and beverage orders, and brewing coffee.
- Monitoring kitchen inventory.
- Accountability and development of inventory ordering and receiving procedure.
- Compassion, respect, and common courtesy for all people.
- Honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior.
- Teamwork among employees, volunteers, donors, and others.
- Competent, motivated, and goal-oriented employees.
- Commitment to the communities in which we live and work.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Prep large orders for catering.
- $17+ hourly + Tips (approximately $150/week in Tips)
- Minimum 18 hours per week (short shifts)
- Work in a place where it’s safe to present all the great things that make you who you are.
- Meal Plan
- Business Mentorship.
- Employee Discount in-store.
- Paid Sick Time for Medical Appointments.
About Tony Miller Properties – Los Angeles:
Tony Miller Properties is a collection of small business servicing the health, wellness, safety and aerospace industries.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.