Safe-Guard Products International LLC
Job Title: Cancellation Processing Supervisor
Location: US-GA-Atlanta- Hybrid
Please note that this role requires proof of vaccination or qualified exemption per the required criteria if not vaccinated.
About the job
At Safe-Guard Products International, we put our clients’ and employees’ needs first to support the company vision to provide products and solutions to the motor vehicle industry that protect consumers from the perils of ownership. Our products complement manufacturers’ warranties both during and after the factory warranty period. As a Supervisor in the Administrative Processing department, you will serve on the leadership team to oversee employees’ performance, efficiencies, and satisfaction. You will analyze the company’s organizational process and find ways to enhance employees’ work quality and productivity. You will also lead your teams in maintaining a positive culture by driving engagement and development. In operations, this role is critical in ensuring the company provides the best service to our customers and clients, intending to exceed expectations with efficiency, compliance, and accuracy.
Cancellations Supervisor Objectives
- Monitors day-to-day activities in the department to ensure efficient claims handling.
- Reviews and analyzes adjuster performance in productivity, accuracy, and timeliness of claims handling using data obtained through the CMS system.
- Offers feedback and guidance to adjusters in areas where improvements are needed. Responsible for communicating changes to procedures and providing additional training when necessary.
- Works closely with Claims Management to provide feedback, discuss concerns, and resolve complex issues related to the claims department and claims personnel.
- Maintains departmental goals in reducing company losses.
- Interacts with other applicable department managers, supervisors, and senior-level/executive personnel
- Works closely with personnel in other departments for assistance with claims
- Corresponds with underwriters to address any concerns or questions related to claims handling.
- Handles complex inquiries with customers, dealers, and agents, resolving related issues to claims.
- Resolves escalated customer problems ensuring customer resolution and satisfaction.
- Conducts annual performance reviews, ensuring effective performance metrics and tracking are in place.
- Monitors attendance and conducts actions when necessary.
- Approves PTO and ensures policy adherence.
- May serve as back-up to adjusters or processors when necessary.
- Offers solutions and suggestions to help improve the overall processes in the department.
- Ensures departmental procedures are followed.
- Prepares necessary reports to streamline processes for improvements.
- Works with Human Resources Manager to resolve employee issues and other applicable performance deficiencies.
- May periodically monitor associate’s customer calls for coaching and development, ensuring that problematic calls are resolved, and that positive performance trends are attained.
Cancellations Supervisor Skills Required
- Strong leadership
- People Management
- Conflict Management
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
- College degree is preferred, and 2+ years experience in the insurance, financial, or back-office preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Must have strong people, interpersonal skills, and presentation capabilities.
- Must have superior verbal/written skills with the ability to communicate effectively to employees and customers.
- Must have strong computer skills and the ability to understand service policies.
- Must be proficient in Windows and MS Office Products.
- Must be innovative, analytical, and able to offer solutions to challenging situations.
- Exercises sound judgment when interacting with employees and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and creatively
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills used to effectively develop employees, influence and change individual behavior and assist employees in achieving a high level of success and productiveness
- Proven leadership skills to effectively develop, lead, inspire, and motivate a high-performing team
- Effective problem solving/ process improvement skills used to identify and resolve day-to-day issues
- Ability to think analytically to identify qualitative or quantitative trends and take appropriate actions
- Take a proactive approach to bring about change, applying new ways to develop employees through improved and proven training methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to master technical aspects of the role in which they are leading
About Safe-Guard Products International
Founded in 1992 and based in Atlanta, Safe-Guard Products is driven by the steadfast commitment to providing unparalleled service and the highest quality vehicle protection products to the automotive, RV, marine, and motorcycle/powersports industries. Safe-Guard has grown to over 500 employees across the U.S. in its twenty-five-year history, with a client roster of over 35 leading brands serving over 10,000 dealers and protecting over 11 million consumers under Safe-Guard contracts.
Safe-Guard’s mission is to provide products and solutions to the motor vehicle industry that drive customer retention and protect consumers from the perils of ownership. Safe-Guard is experiencing dynamic growth and has earned a stellar reputation from customers, partners, and peers by providing: 1) the highest quality protection products in the industry, 2) a broad platform of value-added technology, marketing, and training solutions, and 3) unparalleled client and customer service.
Safe-Guard Products International is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.