Vestacare UK Limited
Team Leader – Residential Care & Respite
Job title: Team Leader – Residential Care – permanent role
Location: Vestacare (UK) – North Manchester
Reports to: Deputy Manager
Management of: Residential & Respite Care Services
Vestacare (UK) Ltd is an innovative provider of services which is continuing to grow since forming in 2008. We operate a range of adult care services including day care, respite, residential care, and supported living as well as operating a state-of-the-art hydrotherapy suite. We have an in-house training facility managed by a specialist Training and Development manager, and we have invested in electronic care planning and Quality Compliance Systems for personalised policies and toolkits to keep services up to date with legislative changes and best practice.
We are looking for an experienced person for the role of Team Leader at Vestacare (UK) Ltd in North Manchester.
You will be rewarded for your hard work with a competitive salary and training and development opportunities.
The Successful Candidate will have:
· Experience of providing high quality care and support to people with a learning disability.
· Ability to motivate and lead a small staff team
· Skills in organising and prioritising workloads flexibly and efficiently in response to needs of the people we support and the team
· Ability to keep accurate, up-to-date records on all aspects of service provision including financial and medication administration.
· Awareness of Health & Safety requirements in a care setting.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate an enthusiastic and creative approach to delivering great experiences for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated health conditions who are residents in our service.
Job Description: the postholder will
· Work as part of a team and contribute to the achievements of the services objectives, providing high quality care and support to the people we support
· Ensure that all statutory requirements are met in relation to the provision of services.
· As a member of the support team, actively contribute to the planning, development, and implementation of changes in working practice, new services or changes in service delivery
· Contribute to the development of team policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with organisational policies and procedures.
· Work with other health and social care professionals, maximise wider community assets and individuals, their families, friends, and advocates to provide person centred support.
· Continuously support and develop staff through regular supervisions and annual appraisals
· Assist in the provision of person-centred services that offer independence and a full community life, developing and maintaining the delivery of community-based activities.
Technical Requirements of the role:
- Experience of working in a Social Care or Health Care Setting with an understanding of relevant Social Care legislation.
- Must hold NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent and willingness to work towards NVQ Level 3
- Willing to work out of hours/ weekends/ evenings and bank holidays as required.
- Consent to and apply for an enhanced disclosure check.
In return, we offer the following:
· The support of a dynamic and passionate Leadership Team
· The opportunity to develop your career in a rewarding field
· Training and development
· Progression opportunities
· 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays) per annum
Appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance, and satisfactory references.
Reference ID: Team Leader
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £10.91 per hour
- Day shift
- providing care: 1 year (preferred)
- supervisory: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving License (preferred)
- NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care (preferred)
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.